Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well you might not ba able to tell wether it is the brake or the clutch lever, but it is infact the brake lever. So I was putting her up on the rear stand and I guess the knob on the right side arm of the rear stand wasn't tight and she just went over on that side. Snapped off the end of the brake lever, and now my throttle won't close on its own. I am going to back off the bar end a little thinking that maybe it just got smashed on a little too much. CF heel guard is scratched and so is the bottom of the muffler. I don't know about you guys but I love the sound of my Monster hitting the conrete while I just watch!!!! There has got to be somthing better than a f---ing rear stand!!!!! What can you do right.....can't get too pissed over something that I can't control...namely my own stupidness I suppose....

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have my two bike in these in the garage and I must say they are extremely stable. My daughter has been known to bump into things and these make the bikes very safe. Also makes putting them onto a rear stand very easy, none of that getting the bike vertical and holding it whilst raising the stand.

A very good investment IMHO

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just watched some of their videos and I think I am going to buy one of their blemished models for $20 less!!! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You will love it, I use mine in the garage, also in the truck or trailer for hauling. Very stable.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Sportchocks are up there with the wheel as one of the greatest inventions ever. If you have to transport a bike in the back of a pickup or van it is terrific. (You still need to tie the bike down, but just roll it in and you have all the time in the world to get it just so.)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
dukatea said:
so someone needs to join the CMA and buy a dozen of them to get about 10-15% off the whole thing.

someone who doesn't mind handling all the shipping.
I don't think anybody needs to join the CMA -- I think if we approach as "Ti Members of the DML", they'll offer the discount.

To quote the website: "Any individual or dealer may purchase a quantity of 12 chocks (LA or Sport or combination) and Baxley will pay the shipping costs in the continental US. This typically is a 10 to 15% savings." <snip>

·
Registered
0 Posts
bluemoco said:
I don't think anybody needs to join the CMA -- I think if we approach as "Ti Members of the DML", they'll offer the discount.

To quote the website: "Any individual or dealer may purchase a quantity of 12 chocks (LA or Sport or combination) and Baxley will pay the shipping costs in the continental US. This typically is a 10 to 15% savings." <snip>
Right. They pay the shipping but do not discount the order. But if you are a member of the CMA, they will give you 10% off the order as well. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Group Buys/Quantity Discount

Any individual or dealer may purchase a quantity of 12 chocks (LA or Sport or combination) and Baxley will pay the shipping costs in the continental US. This typically is a 10 to 15% savings. There must be a single purchaser/payment and the shipment must go to a single destination (business address only). If the individual purchaser (not a dealer) is also eligible for any of the above discounts, we will also apply the 10% discount to the entire purchase.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
dukatea said:
Right. They pay the shipping but do not discount the order. But if you are a member of the CMA, they will give you 10% off the order as well. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Well, cool. When are you joining the CMA? [cheeky] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
dukatea said:
I am Buddhist, can't.
Sure you can! [the whole Buddhist thing will be just our little DML secret] ;)

Seriously, though, there's also a discount for AMA members who hold a current racing license. There's gotta be a few of those folks around here, right? [I'm an AMA member, but I don't hold a racing license]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts