Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm off to college tomorrow morning (5 A.M.). I'm going up to the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, WA. Because of this, and because of my $2400 insurance every 6 months, I've decided to leave the monster here in the Bay Area. I delivered it to my friend's garage this morning, gave it some winter storage preparation, covered it, and cried. I won't see it again until Christmas, and it is already killing me. :'(

It's been...what...12 hours? I'm not gonna make it.

I just wanted to say thanks to all you guys. It's been a pleasure talking and riding with you guys. See ya next summer.

-Peter (the Burninator)

·
Registered
668 Posts
That is sad, Peter....

So now use all the time away from Monster to study harder, and more. Take Italian lessons, etc.

Study to get better paying job so you can afford to modifiy the old, and buy some new toys.

Skier

·
Registered
237 Posts
its a sad sad day :'(. but i bet its how a lot of us feel when the baby goes into storage for the winter. i think we need to start a support group.

-steve

C

·
0 Posts
Peter -

Good job on the decision for higher education! My wife and I made that sacrifice ($60,000+ in debt) but it was WELL worth it. We have our own business now and the schedule is great and the money is getting better ever month.

Good luck - and remember this is your education, take some ownership and responsibility in it. ;)

jb

·
Registered
835 Posts
Not to be unsympathetic, but now you know how I feel when winter rolls around every year and I can't ride for 5 or 6 months depending.
Good luck at University, have fun, stay safe and just because your Monster isn't at school doesn't mean you can't post on the board.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
hopefully your friend will exercise your bike, so it does not get lonely for you ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts