Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted much lately, except on the CAM board, so thought I'd show/explain my avatar. It's a pic of Rollie Free on a 1948
Vincent Black Lightning at Bonneville as he became the first to exceed 150 MPH on a motorcycle.

Why Rollie? 'Cause he's got guts, riding like that -- his prior pass with leathers and seated normally still set a record, but it was only 149 MPH. He wanted the ton-and-a-half. Plus he was 52 when he did this -- good inspiration for me.

Why a Vincent? 'Cause it's the first bike to employ the engine as an integral part of the frame. Plus it's a v-twin and the coolest bike of its day, maybe of all time.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mine was taken the second day of "T-Bird's" 1st Annual Ouray, CO. DML Rally! [thumbsup]

My TPS went out, (Actually just a corroded pin connector unbeknownst to me :p) and despite my bitter sweet feelings from missing the second day of riding, I took one more shot of Maya before loading her back on my truck for OKC. ;)

Hope everyone makes it Next year. :-\ It was one hell of a good time! >:D [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got lucky that one of the stocker avatars here was Danger Mouse, because.....

He's the greatest
He's fantastic
Wherever there's danger he'll be there
He's the ace
He's amazing
He's the strongest he's the quickest he's the best!!!!!!

I have a 6 DVD set of Danger Mouse, watch it often.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
This one is Shumacher signing a helmet for Rossi no relevance to the DML. I try and change my Avatar weekley I get tired of seeing the same ones all the time!!!! ;D

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts
This shot was taken the first day I got my duc. Rode it back home and spent the entire rest of the day with her. Cleaning, looking, poking... you know all those things you do while waiting to get it registered.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Jedi Knight said:
Jedi Knight.

Pretty self explainatory.
Thats the actor from Corvette Summer.... is it cuz Ducatis are fast and cool like Corvettes?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts

cuz piratz r teh awsum >:D

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
mystexile007 said:
i just like them.
plus thats how i met my girlfriend talking about penguin's
saw a news segment on peguins and how they will all be dead here when the ice melts..like everything else though. Sad story. I think they are cool little creatures!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts