Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a monster 796 on order and was wondering how long does it usually take for accessories to be available for new bikes from Ducati? Think it would be possible to to get some termis delivered at the same time or before the bike -- or does it usually take months?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Well I've only ordered Monster Art from them and it took about five weeks to come in. I ordered a shirt from them five months ago and still waiting, but I'd think for something as big as Termi's and since you just bought a new 796 they should get them and in and put them on before you get the bike. If I were you I'd go ahead and order them, the first service is 600 miles and you almost hit that by the time you get it home :)

Good luck, can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that 500 mile detour on the way home brings it up quick ;) 5 months? I'd hate to be out $1,500 for that long.. I'll contact the dealer about ordering them soon, I would like to have them on during the break-in.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
lol yeah I took my home, back roads of course. Then put in two good days on the weekend and had it back at the dealership for the first service the next week. Salesman was a little shocked when I said hi, and told him I was getting my first service three days after I bought it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
From date of down payment on my M1100s to delivery with the carbon slip on Termi's was 6 weeks. The bike was in stock but not the exhaust. I just picked the bike up last Saturday. I also ordered a helmet, jacket, touring seat and bike cover, all Ducati accessories and still have not received them and don't really know when to expect them. It is a bit discouraging but at least I have the bike with the Termi's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From date of down payment on my M1100s to delivery with the carbon slip on Termi's was 6 weeks. The bike was in stock but not the exhaust. I just picked the bike up last Saturday. I also ordered a helmet, jacket, touring seat and bike cover, all Ducati accessories and still have not received them and don't really know when to expect them. It is a bit discouraging but at least I have the bike with the Termi's.
It took 5 months for my bike cover. Got my cover and tail kit for my m1100s a few weeks ago (6 months). They are slow on their accessories. I have the comfort seat also. I like it, I am 6 ft so it fits me with the taller seat height. They had that in the store so that one was painless.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It took 5 months for my bike cover. Got my cover and tail kit for my m1100s a few weeks ago (6 months). They are slow on their accessories. I have the comfort seat also. I like it, I am 6 ft so it fits me with the taller seat height. They had that in the store so that one was painless.
Thanks Fit95 for your information. Searching some other posts, it appears as if it is not all that uncommon to wait quite a while for accessories to arrive.

Frustrating to be sure.

Question for you long time Ducati owners; Is waiting for months for Ducati accessories to arrive common? I understand the somewhat exclusive nature of Ducati's compared to most other brands but I am now at 2 months waiting for my new helmet, jacket, bike cover and comfort seat for my M1100S and Fit95 reported 5 to 6 months wait for his cover and tail kit. I did get my slip on carbon Termi's in 6 weeks.

I read one post where the slowdown in accessories was attributed to a cut back by Ducati in the supply chain due to the world economy, especially last year. Anybody have any thoughts on this one way or the other. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told mid June to August on the arrival of 796s to the states when I put down the deposit. I got similar quotes from several other dealerships saying Jul-Aug is a more realistic expectation. I received reports that 796's were delivered to dealerships across Europe late last week so I'm remaining hopeful. As far as the termis go, they will not be available to even order until months after the actual bikes arrive according to suppliers, so it looks like i'll be riding stock for a while after it arrives. Wish ducati didn't put the slip ons on their accessories site for the 796 before they are available for order, got my hopes up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just to make your expectations better here is the phone number of a english speaking ducati customer-service agent who DOES give a F*, it took me about 3 weeks calling to italy to arrive to someone who could really help.. her name is selin +39 (italy) 051 641 34 56, she arranged my parts and pushed Ducati Holland for it, took her 2 weeks ..and i was waiting for about 4 months.. be very polite - have all your part numbers at hand (the ducati catalog numbers ) and name and adress of your local ducati dealer.

Good luck !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts