Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I haven't had to lift both ends at the same time yet. But, I use my cherry picker type engine hoist to lift either end when I need to unload the suspension completely to work on it.

It's handy since I can set up where I want to and am not locked into one spot by a fixed hoist. It's got the capacity to lift the whole bike if I need to. And it is easy to raise and lower precisely to get things lined up.

I just use a length of nylon webbing fashioned into a loop to pass through the frame behind the steering head or around the grab handles out back. Hang it right on the hook on the hoist and up...up...and...away.....

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
CycleCat makes (or made) a stand that attaches to the engine...

Might be able to rig something up with jackstands, but you need to be careful. Wouldn't want to drop your monster on the ground (or on you) with the rear wheel out....

Let us know what you end up doing.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I simply bought and installed the Ducati center stand for my M900 and it suspends the bike absent the swing arm. I also have a Pit Bull stand that I use--it's a little more stable than the center stand and gives me the option of using either stand, depending on what I'm doing at the time. The Ducati center stand is not overly expensive and installs easily. Waiting for it to come in was a lengthy process (6 weeks) however. Call around and see if you can find a dealer with one in stock.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I've got an under-engine stand from motowheels like the anderson. (dunno if they still sell them)
i like that i can put it on/off the stand by myself without drama.
i got it because it works with single or double-swingarm ducs
nice and stable on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts