Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is sad to say but it is true. :'(

i was there tonight after i heard the news, they are selling all they can, at very low low low prices.
they are supposed to be shut down completely by next week i believe.

there is a silver lining though. the techs in the back are opening their own shop, near the airport in richmond. expect to be open in march, i will post more as i learn more. they will have all the duc tools, including mathesis and the dyno. work can continue, at a much reduced rate. good luck guys!

there is an interest from an undisclosed party to have a duc dealer here. no names or confirmation, but rumors say redline may be the new duc of richmond.

margo and t will be out of work for a while, so if anyone knows of anything that may be of interest please call the shop or email them. they have been wonderful to work with and always had my best interest at heart. i wish them the best also.

·
Banned
773 Posts
damn....i am so bummed.

i kind of though this might happen. since the move, just wasn't the same traffic in that shop as on the boulevard.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's been a quick topic of discussion in the shop thread in the local board. Caught it on their website. Didn't know about future plans though.

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Oh man, that is bad news. I have to say all my dealings with Margo were great. After calling every duc dealer in the continental I could find she's the one who came through with my tach kit...and for the best price!

Keep us posted, and if you have any chain adjuster plates that will fit on an 00 M750D let me know!

·
Registered
38 Posts
mik13 said:
they are selling all they can, at very low low low prices.
+1 picked up alot of gear at incredible prices last week (after finding out 2 weeks ago they were closing doors at the end of the month)

Just to further stir the pot of rumors, it would certainly be awesome if that's what David (owner of redline) was talking with Chip (owner of motoeuropa) about. Picked up my new duc @ redline since motoeuropa could not get monster s2rs (found out afterwards Ducati cancelled motoeuropa's franchise) but Yorktown is a bit of a drive since I live downtown Richmond!

D

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Sad news :'( I bought three Ducatis from them under their previous ownership. At one time they were one of the largest dealers on the east coast. End of an era :(

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
newbies2r said:
+1 picked up alot of gear at incredible prices last week (after finding out 2 weeks ago they were closing doors at the end of the month)

Just to further stir the pot of rumors, it would certainly be awesome if that's what David (owner of redline) was talking with Chip (owner of motoeuropa) about. Picked up my new duc @ redline since motoeuropa could not get monster s2rs (found out afterwards Ducati cancelled motoeuropa's franchise) but Yorktown is a bit of a drive since I live downtown Richmond!

D
I bought my s2r 1k from redline in dec 05 and I live in Gaithersburg, MD. David delivered it for free.

·
Registered
136 Posts
is the store now closed? I was on their website and all I got was "Going out of business sale." I was hoping to get some oil, a new visor, and perhaps an exhaust system if it could be had for a low enough price.

·
Registered
390 Posts
yup...long gone. The sales were nuts... I picked a PC for $100!, the mechanic, Joey, Is opening up a repair shop out near the airport in the spring....has a lot of good ideas, and whats to offer the best labpr rate in town

·
Registered
136 Posts
:'(
I ran up there today on my morning run to see the store's murals had been painted over, and any and all evidence of moto europabeing there is gone.

Where can I get oil and other specialty parts from in Richmond? Velocity? the only other places I know of are ultimate cycle and Ken's but they don't cater toward the european market

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm sure veloc ity carries all that stuff. If you need repairs there are a few ex- ducati mechanics who now work on their own...it's still sad though

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
bigred20 said:
:'(
I ran up there today on my morning run to see the store's murals had been painted over, and any and all evidence of moto europabeing there is gone.

Where can I get oil and other specialty parts from in Richmond? Velocity? the only other places I know of are ultimate cycle and Ken's but they don't cater toward the european market
I order my oil online, far cheaper (Mobil1 Vtwin).. Filters, belts, etc.. Shipping is cheaper than sales tax!

If you need ducati specific stuff, order from Bike Bandit or similar.

Labor -- you'll find one of the wrenches opening up soon, surely

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks for the info. I'll have to look into it. I've got a lot of stuff on the list to be done this winter since I plan on using it as my sole means of transportation when the weather warms up.

hopefully chopping the tail, getting rid of the mickey mouse mirrors, possibly clip-ons, and for now opening up the stock exhaust until I can afford something aftermarket. Anyone around here done the stock exhaust mod?

·
Banned
773 Posts
i get my mobil1 at advance auto on broad street at 3 chopt. the filter and crush washer you can order from bike bandit, ca-cycleworks or ducatiu seattle.....there are a lot of peeps in richmond. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
bdfinally said:
i get my mobil1 at advance auto on broad street at 3 chopt. the filter and crush washer you can order from bike bandit, ca-cycleworks or ducatiu seattle.....there are a lot of peeps in richmond. [thumbsup]
how much do they have it for?

I order my Mobil1 for $8/qt, ship included (per case)

(corrected)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts