Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I love the fact that there have been 37 views on this subject and only 11 people have voted. Come on, it should take you about 2 seconds.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
duccarlos said:
I love the fact that there have been 37 views on this subject and only 11 people have voted. Come on, it should take you about 2 seconds.
You are so needy.

I voted. I'll join, like everything else, and probably never show up :).

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now it's in the infancy stages. We're just gauging interest. Right now it looks like people are interested. I might start calling the dealers to check their interest as well. We've already discussed the focus of the clubs, i.e. rides, track days and the social aspects, like meal meetings and tech sessions.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm interested, this last semester had me busy on weekday nights but I think I'll actually be able to hang out after the holidays. AND I VOTED, WOO HOO. ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had a very small meeting yesterday to discuss at least the name. We'll be posting another poll soon. After that we'll move on to the logo. We'll need as much feedback as possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went riding with these guys last weekend and even though the weather did not cooperate, it was still a very good time. I am looking forward to meeting up with them again in the future, as my schedule will allow...

Carlos is a very entheusastic guy and seems to be a lot of fun. We should all encourage his efforts!

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, I just wanted to update you on the progress of the club. I'm currently in the process of creating a website and logo. Hopefully soon we'll have all the paperwork done so that we can become an official DOC. Since this place might be going to hell in a hands basket, we want to make sure to have everything ready quickly. And yes, it will have a forum based on the same software they use here, with some additional features [thumbsup] I hope that within a week I can have everything going so that you guys can register and enjoy. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Carlos, whatsup. I have been in Thailand for quite a while so I havent heard anything about the club and wanted to check and see what kind of progress has been made. It looks like the poll is closed and Wild Ducs was the winner! [clap]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to have you back dude!

Yeah, we're supposedly working on the logo. I already registered the domain name and I have the website up. It's just a forum like this, but will most likely have more content and an emphasis on using the calendar. Alan wanted to meet this week to make it final, but he had an engagement. I'm planning on going to NPR this weekend to talk to Paul about the club. All that's left is the paperwork and we're a club!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok ladies, the club is now up and running. We continue to use the meetup site for rides and the like, but some events are only being posted on the club's website:

http://www.wildducs.org

Please note that you need to pay the yearly dues to gain access to the website, and hence, the "special" events. Right now we have a riding seminar later this month and plans to start tech sessions and the like. Send me a PM if you have any questions or visit the site. I know it's a little sparce of information, but we're working on getting more meat on the home page.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I run a group of local Georgia riders on Facebook (All types of bikes: Cafes/Bobbers/ lil bit of everything). Feel free to join up, it's free. It's called Georgia Moto Ryders. We meet once a month, have local rides/meets, post local stuff for sale etc... I just got my first Duc so I just found this place. I've got about 75 guys in our local group..Good group of local riders. Come check us out!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/244179502277993/

What does the 40.00 per member fee you're charging cover? I understand the Ducati affiliation, did you have to pay for that, or is it just to cover the website maintenance?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts