• OTP - 20 W Area

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
duccarlos said:
That 1098 you saw was waiting for us. We were meeting there to head to Vortex. 6 of us met there, 2 1098's (the S you saw and a tricolor), 999, SS, and 2 monsters. We met up with Alan, the organizer of the meetup at Vortex and the guys from the Duc Shop were there.
Cool -- maybe next week I'll be able to come down and meet you guys there. OK Cafe is a good meeting point for me right off of the interstate on the way down there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I thought you guys didn't like to go to Vortex. It was raining earlier but it was a decent turn out nonetheless. Let me check the meetup to see if they're heading down this week. I'm a bit under the weather this week, so I might head over next week. Plus there is a meeting to discuss starting an actual Ducati club in Atlanta. It's next Monday the 8th. I believe it's at the Dunwoody Tavern, but I'll double check.

·
Registered
698 Posts
duccarlos said:
I thought you guys didn't like to go to Vortex. It was raining earlier but it was a decent turn out nonetheless. Let me check the meetup to see if they're heading down this week. I'm a bit under the weather this week, so I might head over next week. Plus there is a meeting to discuss starting an actual Ducati club in Atlanta. It's next Monday the 8th. I believe it's at the Dunwoody Tavern, but I'll double check.
Don't particularly like the vortex but if i know people worth seeing are there I don't mind stopping by. Is the Dunwoody tavern....in dunwoody?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here's the info:

http://ducati.meetup.com/1/calendar/6437639/

When:
Monday, October 8, 2007, 7:00 PM 20071008T230000Z
Where:
dunwoody tavern
5488 Chanblee-Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta , GA 30338
770-394-4164

Description:

Lets try another dinner meeting on Oct 8 at the Dunwoody Tavern. They are very accomodating, prices are not high and the meeting room is large. Meet at 7-7:30. Hopefully this will give everyone a chance to get thru traffic. Much to discuss in terms of activities, events and a huge Moto GP championship. If you like bench racing and Ducatista talk this may be your cup of tea.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here you go guys, Vortex this Thursday:

Announcing a new event for The Atlanta Ducati Meetup Group!

What: vortex

When: Thursday, October 4, 7:30 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Anyone interested in the Vortex this week? If so, meet at 7- 7:30 Thursday night. We'll get some dinner and talk bikes.

Learn more here:
http://ducati.meetup.com/1/calendar/6470632/

I'll let you know if a group is planning on meeting at OK Cafe. If they are, it will most likely be around 6:15.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Thursday: Rain showers in the morning then thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 81F. Chance of rain, 60%.

=(

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
DucAtl said:
+1

Weekend looks nice. 30% Sat, 20% Sun.

I'm not really down for a ride, but maybe a meeting or something. I have 3 vacation days scheduled starting on 11th and I'm planning to tool around TN/NC/WV area. So I'll be getting plenty of riding in...

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Do you guys want me to set up a local Atlanta board? Just come up with a name, and if someone feels like moderating, let me know.

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
DucAtl said:
You should have mentioned it on here, I'd of stopped by as it's literally a minute walk from my place.
Hey, I live about 500 yards from the L5P Vortex too, small world huh?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Michael Moore said:
Do you guys want me to set up a local Atlanta board? Just come up with a name, and if someone feels like moderating, let me know.
Yes! That would be amazing! What should we call ourselves?

tufty said:
Which side of Moreland? All the really cool kids live on the Candler park side.
Oh, I definitely rock the candler park side.

scienceiscool said:
huh, and i live about two blocks away...
Crazy

61 - 80 of 109 Posts