• OTP - 20 W Area

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATTENTION ALL ATLANTA AREA RIDERS:

It is about d**n time we get a meet together. It seems like we talk about this a lot and never come to a conclusion. So a few questions need to be asked:

1) Where do you live (see poll)?
2) What days / times do you want to meet?
3) Where do you want to meet?
4) How often do you want to meet?

Lets hear it guys...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Get the hell out of here you!

It sounds like I'll be meeting some people from the Ducati Meetup this weekend to head up to the mountains. Plus some people might be heading to Helen. It's almost a weekly thing that we head up to the mountains. If you want more details head over to http://ducati.meetup.com and sign up for the Atlanta group.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
duccarlos said:
Get the hell out of here you!

It sounds like I'll be meeting some people from the Ducati Meetup this weekend to head up to the mountains. Plus some people might be heading to Helen. It's almost a weekly thing that we head up to the mountains. If you want more details head over to http://ducati.meetup.com and sign up for the Atlanta group.
That sounds nice -- but that quickly turns into an all day event. Wake up early on my day off to get to Alpharetta by 9, ride, dick around, and have to ride back from Alpharetta while all the idiots are on 92 making it a hell hole. I also am more of a small group / solo rider for trips.

I'm thinking more of a bike night type deal. Meet up, bullshit, eat, go home. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly... etc...

And for the mini-van; creepy. I swear to god I saw a minivan that had 748 rims on it.
My girlfriend is still mad at me for throwing up in her car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Damn straight it's about time.

I'd really be interested in some like wbeck said...like a meet up deal...weekly or biweekly sounds good to me? Obviously it would need to be later in the day if it was a weekday....maybe sometime after 6 on any day besides Thursday for me.

As for where thats another story, I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere ITP.

I'm also interested in longer rides though. How do we go about getting our own little subforum in the clubs section anyways?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually, the guy that organizes the meet up is dealing with the club thing, but I'm helping as much as I can. Vortex on Five Points has a Thursday night bike night that most people go to. It looks like rain tonight, so I'm not sure about the turn out. I'm thinking about heading there next week, weather permitting.

http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com

If you guys are interested, send me a PM and I'll provide my cell phone to coordinate.

Who invited this riff raff into this thread? If you guys prefer I can trailer my bike to Vortex. I am a true Ducati poser.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm looking more to get a Ducati get together -- Thursday night bike night is all fine and well, but, there is a reason I don't go down there.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
motogpfan said:
Carlos is working on setting up a club in that area.
the bendaho hooligans

realisticly, carlos talks a good ride but I've never actually seen him ride. I've heard about how slow he is but that may translate to good club housekeeping skills.

Good luck Atlanta, may your club get thru the traffic

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
wbeck257 said:
I'm looking more to get a Ducati get together -- Thursday night bike night is all fine and well, but, there is a reason I don't go down there.
I hear that. The last time I went to the V, it took a half hour to get back out. I finally had an opening, and these six Asian guys on rockets flew in out of nowhere. They were kind enough to help me and my wife squeeze out, but that place has a whole other constipation all its own.

There's another bar 'n grill at 97 Estoria that's bike-friendly and has great wings. There are a few riders in the Cabbagetown/Decatur area that go there on occasion, but nothing at all like the V's bike night. There's Johnny's NY Style Pizza on Cheshire Bridge, right off the I-85 exit onto Piedmont South, which serves suds but isn't actually a bar. They're good folks, and they've got a pair of TVs for football games and whatnot. There's that giant Varsity in midtown and a Fellini's in Decatur and another on Peachtree midtown. There are a hundred places, I guess. I'd actually get into some sort of cafe racer night more than the giant beer-n-bike expo. Call me shallow, but how many G'xers and Motobagos can you really appreciate at one time? I guess I'm not including enough beer in the activity.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
snooze said:
I hear that. The last time I went to the V, it took a half hour to get back out. I finally had an opening, and these six Asian guys on rockets flew in out of nowhere. They were kind enough to help me and my wife squeeze out, but that place has a whole other constipation all its own.

There's another bar 'n grill at 97 Estoria that's bike-friendly and has great wings. There are a few riders in the Cabbagetown/Decatur area that go there on occasion, but nothing at all like the V's bike night. There's Johnny's NY Style Pizza on Cheshire Bridge, right off the I-85 exit onto Piedmont South, which serves suds but isn't actually a bar. They're good folks, and they've got a pair of TVs for football games and whatnot. There's that giant Varsity in midtown and a Fellini's in Decatur and another on Peachtree midtown. There are a hundred places, I guess. I'd actually get into some sort of cafe racer night more than the giant beer-n-bike expo. Call me shallow, but how many G'xers and Motobagos can you really appreciate at one time? I guess I'm not including enough beer in the activity.
It isn't the bikes that I mind. I love me some sport bikes any day of the week.

It is the people.

The Vortex is just too much. Too many ego's, too many squids, too many racers, stunters, and posers. It is also pretty high profile.

The Varsity isn't too bad -- but it is getting there. It, along with the BP on North/Spring St. across the street is becoming a very popular meeting spot. But it also is bringing along the guys who ride stolen / illegal bikes. Last time I went to the Varsity there was a cop there running tags on parked bikes, and writing citations. I'm sure we all have our stuff legal, but it is not the enviornment that I want to hang out in.

If I want to spend a night standing in a parking lot eating greesy food saying 'man, ****ing pigs suck', I'll invent a time travel machine and go back to highschool.

The idea of a 'cafe bike night' sounds really cool. Someone posted pictures last month of a cafe bike meeting and I was just slammed. It looked so cool. And it also gives me a chance to maybe meet the two guys who are blasting around Canton/Cartersville area on these two vintage Norton's (bad-ass...). Marietta Diner would be a neet meeting place for that...

·
Registered
698 Posts
snooze said:

I'm about a 2 minutes walk from the vortex and not much farther from estoria, which happens to be a nice place. There's estoria, the fellini's in candler park or on ponce OR the one on the other side of downtown decatur...maybe one on la vista also? Other places i can think of around this part of atlanta....Manuels tavern, the local, brick store, the highlander...the list goes on.

·
Banned
124 Posts
I haven't been to the Vortex in years (for bike night, that is - they still make a mean burger any other night of the week). It's gotten to just be a circus.

I was told by Mario the kiwi ( if any of yall know him) that a small European bike night has gotten going on Thursdays at Twain's in Decatur. We could try merging with that - although I haven't yet been and can't say what their turnout is. I know there are a good number of us Ducati stragglers that hang out with the Triumph group that meets at Prince of Wales, but that's only once a month.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
scienceiscool said:
I haven't been to the Vortex in years (for bike night, that is - they still make a mean burger any other night of the week). It's gotten to just be a circus.

I was told by Mario the kiwi ( if any of yall know him) that a small European bike night has gotten going on Thursdays at Twain's in Decatur. We could try merging with that - although I haven't yet been and can't say what their turnout is. I know there are a good number of us Ducati stragglers that hang out with the Triumph group that meets at Prince of Wales, but that's only once a month.
It would be nice if anyone had contact info for that group...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
scienceiscool said:
i do have mario's phone number so i'll give him a call.
Cool -- find out what they are up to and let us know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in ;D i just need to get my Duc finished so it can be ridden and then whenever is good for me.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts