Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOing to ride to tthe big city tomorrow to visit the ATL Triumph Ducati shop on Piedmont. I should arrive around 1 or so if my plans work out.. any other monsters in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i'll be across town at the ducshop. my parts are coming from atlanta ducati though ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH! You missed me by a few days. My dark is sitting awaiting their 600 mile TLC. Its probably sitting outside so look for the killer billet mirrors.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DOH! You missed me by a few days. My dark is sitting awaiting their 600 mile TLC. Its probably sitting outside so look for the killer billet mirrors.
I was admiring them.. Ducati Performance? It was sitting right next to the door! We spent 5 hours up there... took 2:30 to get from Atlanta to Albany... my tank of gas was shot at 110 miles.. I worked her out real good! I might be going up for the WERA GNF next weekend.. maybe we can meet up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope monstrack mirrors. Hopefully i'll have my baby back by Tuesday hopefully. Weather is supposed to be in the 60's and sunny mid week so i'm thinking I might pop up to the mountains and see the leaves.

Unfortunatly i'm stuck working weekends at least till Jan so no fun for me but I do get to ride during the week when everyone else is stuck at work.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know any good roads in the Atlanta Area that aren't going to take 2 hours to get to? I live over in East Cobb. I have had my 99 M900S for about 6 months and I am looking to have a little fun without having to travel too far. Also, anyone go to the vortex on Thursday nights?

Tom E.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the best place to ride is north of atlanta. around the suches area (wolf pen gap). that's just above dahlonega. at one time it was in the top 10 places to ride in the nation....

it's also home of this: http://www.twowheelsonly.com
great place to ride and hang out. tons of bikes on sunny days.

also, mark at the ducshop.com mentioned starting a atlanta monster chapter.. what ya'll think?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think starting an Atlanta Chapter is a great idea. Thanks for the info.

Tom E.

·
Registered
56 Posts
. Re: Atlanta Anyone?

SE's fine.. might be a long ride for some riders ;D

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
the best place to ride is north of atlanta. around the suches area (wolf pen gap). that's just above dahlonega. at one time it was in the top 10 places to ride in the nation....

I can tell you, Wolf Pen Gap Road is a good one. Rode it in August when we were in Hiawassee for British in the Blue Ridge. Try it downhill!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JRP you riding this weekend? I was thinking of heading up to suches. Would be my first time up there.

Tom E.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Tom E,

The weather is supposed to be great this weekend. I have been fighting a bit of a cold this week, but a good ride would probably take care of it. When were you thinking of going up there?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i might ride it on sunday afternoon... hey i'm cool.... ;D

·
Registered
56 Posts
i might ride it on sunday afternoon... hey i'm cool too!.... ;D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my bad. I posted the message about riding up to suches on Friday before I left work. When I went home to check the board, my internet was down. I hate comcast. Anyway, I went up to Cherokee county and rode Highway 5. It is ok. Not a lot of twisties but enough to get your heart going.

We should plan on meeting up sometime though. Do you guys ever go down to the Vortex on Thursday nights?

Tom E.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i never have. i don't get home (50miles north of atl) tell 7 pm. it's a loooong ride back to town.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've thought about going down there just to gawk at the other bikes. I too live pretty far north (75 miles) so by the time I get down there and back......I would have aged some.

Lee
Ellijay

1 - 19 of 19 Posts