Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

ASV Levers

8K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Fredhsu 
#1 ·
For those that have ASV levers on their monster, did you get the F3 series, or go with the C/5?

Are you using shorty, or long levers?

Never had shorty levers on a bike, but thinking about trying a set.

#4 ·
Best mix is shorty brake - great for 2 or just 1 finger - and full length clutch. I find that with the clutch my 3rd finger is on the knob of the shorty and basically just like using a full hand so might as well have the ease of a full length lever. The shorty on the brake is beautiful though!

#5 ·
I've run the ASV C5 shorties for the better part of 18 months. Been in stop and go traffic for long periods of time and never had an issue with fatigue. If you're already spending money for new levers, I'd spend the extra coin and go for the C5s over the F3s.

#6 ·
I have the ASV C5 mixed, short brake, long clutch. I love it, the C5's feel so perfect. Highly recommend them.

#12 · (Edited)
BRC550 for brake lever
CRC550 for clutch lever

Add an "s" on the end for shorties.

Motomummy.com usually has them in stock but they seem to be out of a lot right now. I'd keep checking with them or shoot them an email to check on future availability.

Edit to add: looks like asvinventions.com has them in stock but they are full price. $125 vs $90 on motomummy.com

#11 ·
In 2007 I put some of the ASV C5 Shorty levers on my GSXR. I still have them on there today with zero issues and they look brand new and work great. If I was going to purchase some for my Ducati I would probably go with regular length levers for the extra leverage. Only advantage I can think of for having shorty levers is looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.