Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in the forum all abt arrow pipes and how great they are. what is the actual purpose of the arrow pipes other than the Sound? ???

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
monstah said:
I read in the forum all abt arrow pipes and how great they are. what is the actual purpose of the arrow pipes other than the Sound? ???
they give the exhaust gasses someplace to go.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
oh wait...

...just like the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
..but less restrictive.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
..mebbe ya get more horsies.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well mine is '02 620 and i have stiock exaust which is in place so tht the gasses can go somplace ;D
i love the look the arrows gives a bike. but just wanted to convince myself tht i'm not spendin jus for the looks or the sound!
wht other diffrence does it gonna make?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
monstah said:
well mine is '02 620 and i have stiock exaust which is in place so tht the gasses can go somplace ;D
i love the look the arrows gives a bike. but just wanted to convince myself tht i'm not spendin jus for the looks or the sound!
wht other diffrence does it gonna make?
Realistically, that's pretty much it. They'll look good, they'll sound good, they'll be a little lighter than the stock cans, and you _might_ get a little extra power but not much (at least not without other mods at the same time)...

One _sensible_ reason for aftermarket cnas is that a new pair of cans will often cost less that a single original at spare parts prices, so many people use a fall that damages one can as an excuse to go aftermarket, or put aftermarket cans on and wrap the stockers up in bubble wrap and store them away until it's time to sell (perfect condition stock cans can make selling the bike a little easier, especially if you intend to "forget" about any slight mis-haps you might have had that damaged the aftermarket cans while the originals were safely on the shelf at home...)

Mostly though, it'll make you a badass - stock pipes are for wimps, noisy pipes are badass! ;)

big

·
Registered
137 Posts
That about sums it up...All the ARROW exhast does is Look Sweeeeet, The sound is absolutely intoxicating, they are a good 20 lbs. lighter than stock and you gain a few ponies to boot....

Easily the best mod you could make and worth every nickel...

BTW, 58 Cycle is cheapest... [clap]

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Hearing is believing. The ST4s i just got has a set of Arrow Carby cans. The dealership i bought the bike from is next door to a custom shop (harley type twins). While i was suiting up there were a couple of their fellows loitering about. You shoulda seen all the heads turn when i fired up that big Duc. Priceless!

Today at a traffic light some dumb broad in a honda civic was giving me the hairy eyeball cause she couldnt hear her cell phone convesation over my pipes. And she had the windows rolled up. I yelled thru my helmet for her retarded ass to just hang up the phone. Stupid cagers.

While warming the bike up after work i had to go back into my office to get something from the kitchen. I had left the bay door open. I could hear the bike thru the building over 100 ft away from the where the bike was.

Arrow cans rule!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any suggestions on wher to get a good deal on a pair?

Thx 4 ur help

·
Premium Member
1,564 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
While warming the bike up after work i had to go back into my office to get something from the kitchen. I had left the bay door open. I could hear the bike thru the building over 100 ft away from the where the bike was.

Arrow cans rule!
SOLD!

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
"Arrow cans rule!"

Just put a carby full system on my s4r. I love it when I see people cover there ears ;D

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm seems like i hav to save up a litt bit for this.. but its worth every penny frm wht i hear ;D

desmoworks said:
I can get you a set. I doubt if I'll be the absolute cheapest there is, but I'll make you a fair deal. Call me at 888.420.5211 or email me at [email protected] if you want to discuss this further.
will call ya early nxt yr cos i gotto save up till then :-\

1 - 15 of 15 Posts