Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently installed a complete Arrows exhaust system on my '07 S4Rs. Arrows insists that there is no need to install a different ECU such as that included with Ducati's Termignoni system, but the bike continues to run lean, despite attempts to dial-in the O2 or CO2 by adjustments. Does anyone have any experience with this condition? My mechanic suggest installing the factory Termi ECU and dial it in from there since that unit eliminates input from the O2 sensors in the exhaust. What about a Power Commander? I usually feel that is the last resort, but, I'm kinda stumped on this one.
ama

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Ama,

You need a ecu to change the fuel mappings to adjust to the new air flow...

I have an S4RS aswell, and just put on the full Arrow system too (sounds fkn nice as hey lol).

The dyno run spelt it all out and the stock mappings are no good for the new setup.

The air/fuel ratio are way off as you know have less restriction... and you actually get no gain in HP/kw.

Once you put on a new ecu, and remap it, the air/fuel ratio converts to HP/kw gain, until then id be careful ;)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so, S4RSUM, who's ecu did you install? Is the performance Termi unit available separately from Ducati? The two dealers that we called initially said no.
ama

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
ama, I have the Arrow exhaust as well and you definitely need re-mapping. As far as I know Dyno Jet hasn't come out with a PCIII yet but are working on it. They use our local Ducati's S4Rs demo bike here in Vegas for testing. I'll post if I hear anything from my dealer.

Lou

·
Registered
241 Posts
Are you running Ti or Carbon cans? If Ti, you can get baffle inserts that will bring your back pressure back close to stock to keep the bike from running so lean. Additionally, my full Ti system had a bung for the O2 sensor, but I used the supplied bolt to block it off, as I was one of those people with rough running issues from day one.

Ken

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
MHR83 said:
Arrows doesn't--and won't-- work. Put it on and tried everything. Finally went to Termi+PC III+dyno run: 132HP at rear wheel.
Whatever...I have Arrows with the DP/Termi ECU. Bike runs great. My dealer has a bike set up the same way and did 136rwhp on the dyno at the Ducati North West event. The ECU *IS* available separately, just kick your dealer in the ass.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Rotten Randy said:
Whatever...I have Arrows with the DP/Termi ECU. Bike runs great. My dealer has a bike set up the same way and did 136rwhp on the dyno at the Ducati North West event. The ECU *IS* available separately, just kick your dealer in the ass.
What is the price only for the dp ecu..?The whole set(pipes, filter, ecu) would cost for me around 1600.. :eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Rotten Randy said:
The ECU alone is about $1K
Is there an image for a heart attack?

??? :-\ :'( :(

Ken

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.