Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used Arrow Ti slipon (doulbe sided exhuast) that I would like to trade for the same pipe...but in Carbon Fiber...if you are interested plz let me know.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I thought Arrow Carbon slip-ons don't exist? I have an '06 S2R1000 and want the carbons as well but I only thought my options were for a full system :-\

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn...you are right. Nevermind. I really want the carbon fiber though...what to do what to do

·
Registered
70 Posts
Buy a full carbon system and sell the Titanium slip on.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I don't understand why they don't sell just the carbon for a slipon. Obviously other manufacturers do sell carbon slipons. I thought I remember reading somewhere about the color/carbon fading or something like that. When I look at the Ti next to the carbon, there is just no comparison in my books, the carbon looks sweeeeet. I have to find a company that can program the bike properly after the install or do both for me.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
You can buy Arrows in slipon or full system in Ti or Carbon. They reccomend full system only in Carbon because if you run the uder the Carbon cans get too hot. I ran the Carbons in slipon form with the Arrow S pipes & a Spark header that got rid of the udder.

I might be interested in traing if your Ti cans have the baffles & are in excellent shape. My carbons are perfect & as I mentioned can be used as slipons or as full system. I like how the Ti looks on my red/wht S2R better that how the carbon looks.

Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My slipons do not have a removable baffle (from what I can tell). They are in excellent condition. I love the sound...only reason I want to trade is because I think the black carbon fiber looks better with my black bike. Is there any particular reason you need a removable baffle? I am located in Arlington / Falls Church VA.

Also, I am in the process of searching for a header... I was going to do the Arrow header well... because it matched the slipons and s pipes... how do you like the Spark Header? What is the reason you chose that over the Arrow?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
GusDuc said:
You can buy Arrows in slipon or full system in Ti or Carbon. They reccomend full system only in Carbon because if you run the uder the Carbon cans get too hot. I ran the Carbons in slipon form with the Arrow S pipes & a Spark header that got rid of the udder.

I might be interested in traing if your Ti cans have the baffles & are in excellent shape. My carbons are perfect & as I mentioned can be used as slipons or as full system. I like how the Ti looks on my red/wht S2R better that how the carbon looks.

Where are you located?
I wonder if they would be under warranty if the Carbons got discolored or whatever from just using it as a slipon? I think I'm just gonna suck it up and get the whole system though. Will this thing pass emissions with a full system when it comes time to get it inspected or do I have to put the stock setup back on?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I have said pipes and would be interested in the trade. PM me...

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
dlovely said:
Why would you want to swap carbon for Ti? Noise?
I like the way the Ti looks on the red/white S2R's... I think the carbon looks better on the bikes with black wheels. Noise is not an issue but I wouldn't mind having baffles as I always feel paranoid around the LEO's here in the South Bay :police:

To the question about the Spark vs. Arrow headers: With the Spark, which is awesome by the way, you keep the S pipes, albeit you use the larger Arrow S pipes. With the Arrow full system you have no s pipes. It's more of a Y pipe & it tucks in tighter so if you have big feet or do track days it gives you more room than the S pipes. The Arrow system also goes from 40mm at the cylinders to 50mm @ the cans. The Spark system is all 40mm & then the Arrow S pipes go ffrom 40mm on one end to 50mm on the other. The Spark to me looks nicer & has a nicer blend for the O2 sensor but I like the extra foot room the Arrow headers provide.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
SunriseKid ,
I have a power coated spark header in my S2R and I am also located in Arlington, VA. I have a silmotor carb slip-on with it and it look great. We can meet one day if you want to have a look. I am just trying to give you another option to keep in mind. I love the way that my bike sound and I did not have any problem with the emission. (I am not selling or trading them).

Aziz

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Def would like to see it. The weather sucks for like the next 4 days... rain til mon night... maybe midweek next week"

Where did you order the spark header from? Know where to find that or the spareshack header?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
sunrisekid said:
My slipons do not have a removable baffle (from what I can tell).
This is what my Titanium arrows look like with the baffles removed. Is this what yours look like?

If your baffles are still in place there will be a metal tab between the ends of the retaining ring.
place a small screwdriver under the tab and gently snap the tab off, you are then able to remove the retaining ring and slide the baffle out.
Warning once you hear the pipes with the baffles out, you will never go back.

This is what the removed baffle looks like. sorry about the photo quality.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am still interested in traded the arrow ti slip ons for carbon fiber arrow slip ons. If you are interested send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
If you'd consider selling the ti's, I'm interested. I have no trades, though :-\

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Ti Arrow cans are still up for trade for the Carbon Cans if anyone is interested.k

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I have a near new set of FBF/Sil Carbon slip ons that I want to get Ti ones instead. Send me a PM and I can send pics if you want

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am not sure how the FBF cans would work with the Arrow midpipes ...and if that is even a good idea...the full system is designed to work as one unit... i think the performance would take a hit if i put diff cans on... can anyone chime in on this??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts