Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at getting pipes for my 2001 m750 but dont have alot to spend... i found some arrow carbon high mounts for $679 and am thinking about getting those but wanted to know if anyone has used these and what they thought.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just had installed Arrow high mount carbon fiber slipons on my 03 1000. They are awesome. They are pretty loud. However, I thought that was important, for safety purposes only of course. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I really love mine, they sound good and the quality is great, although mine are the low slip ons, you will be happy. ;D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I have and sound.... :p...wow.. I have a M750 Dark.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Don't hesitate on the Arrows... I have the low mount oval CF... They may not be as loud as some of the others out there, but the bass is sweet... The bike sounds like a pissed off Lion!!! And they look sweet, very high quality!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all your help... I got them on order and will let you know what i think of them after i get them on.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy them. They're quiter than Termignoni and Sil, and thus they're the quietest of the the loud pipes. Build/weld quality is first rate. The ony downside is fitting and alignment are only so-so, but I've heard that other brands aren't really any better in that category.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Peter is correct on the fitting and alignment. The guys at the shop had to do a good amount of work to get them aligned just right. According to them, they were not even close when they first put them on the bike. Other than that, I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just ordered a pair of the Arrow High's...so the slip ons are not easy to put on??? As far as a noticible difference in power is it there? I got them for looks and sound instead o keeping the stock lows on......

·
Registered
835 Posts
I just ordered Arrow CF highs too! They are supposed to come Wednesday the 19th. I can't wait! ;D
I'm going to mount them myself. Glad to hear ahead of time that they take some "adjusting". Don't worry, I have a hammer. [smiley=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got a 2002 750 with this canister on the right, I cant figure out where the canister goes, the ch high pipes wont work with it there. I think it is the charcoal canister, any suggestions??? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I also have a 2k2 750, I removed the carbon cannister and the bunches of hoses that came off it.... but you will have to plug wherever they connect to.....

Took me about 15 minutes to do. Gives the bike a much cleaner look

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh yas, finally tied up the loose ends of the canister. On to the next issue. The pipes wont fit symmetrically.....First the were way off, one was pretty higher than the other, the wife just so happened to point it out to me after my triumphant tightening of the last bolt, she says, are they suppose to be like that? So then comes another 3 or so hours of adjusting. I got the height thing fixed, but my right pipe sticks out to the right. The bracket want even fit to the bracket that goes around the sub frame. Anyone else experience this, I

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got my pipes put on last night and had the same problem... I am going to try and fix them tonight but I ran out of time and just wanted to get them on so that I could take them in and get it rejeted today. I had a hard time getting the left one to even want to fit so i think its going to have to be the right one that comes in... I think i have some room to play with it a little.
Good luck and let me know if you find an easy way to make them line up. ;D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Update, same situation, Im about to loose my mind. Not really but Im getting frustrated, they are now equal height, but the right one still is out about 1/2 an inch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts