Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am trying to make a last minute decision on whether to buy a Arrow Full System or Fast By Ferracci Slip Ons for my '06 S2R 800. The main thing I am looking for is a great sound. The sound clips I've heard of the FBFs are awesome. Very deep, bassy note. The Arrows seem a little more high pitched and "whiney". I want my Monster to growl, and roar :)

Problem is I'd prefer a full system. I want to get rid of the cat and I just like the thought of it all being from one manufacturer.

So, can anyone convince me the Arrow sounds just as good as the FBF? I'm planning on getting the Titanium cans either way I go, if that matters.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
i prefer the arrow.. then again, i dislike everything "branded" FbF.

if you like the FbF system, just get the Sil. the FbF is just a rebadged Sil system anyway.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
derby said:
i prefer the arrow.. then again, i dislike everything "branded" FbF.

if you like the FbF system, just get the Sil. the FbF is just a rebadged Sil system anyway.
Thanks for the response. Any reason for the FbF dislike? Have you had bad experiences with em?

And where's a good place to buy Sil? I found some full systems on Loudbike but I'd like to check out the price of just slip-ons.

·
Registered
541 Posts
FBF are just generally known as dicks....they are getting better but I still won't deal with them.

I'd go with arrows anyway.

·
Banned
523 Posts
vonnieda said:
Hi all, I am trying to make a last minute decision on whether to buy a Arrow Full System or Fast By Ferracci Slip Ons for my '06 S2R 800.
Had the Arrow full on my 05 S2R. It sounded wicked...best sounding Duc I had heard. Imagine if Ducai made an F1 car...that's the sound. The full Arrow on my new 07 S4R is deeper because the two pipes form a common collectore for the 02 sensor. Sounds great, but not as unique as the S2R did. And fit and finish of the Arrow is a work of art.

PS. If you go for Titanium, and want to sell the removable "street legal" noise baffles, I'll buy them. Joe X

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
vonnieda said:
Hi all, I am trying to make a last minute decision on whether to buy a Arrow Full System or Fast By Ferracci Slip Ons for my '06 S2R 800. The main thing I am looking for is a great sound. The sound clips I've heard of the FBFs are awesome. Very deep, bassy note. The Arrows seem a little more high pitched and "whiney". I want my Monster to growl, and roar :)

Problem is I'd prefer a full system. I want to get rid of the cat and I just like the thought of it all being from one manufacturer.

So, can anyone convince me the Arrow sounds just as good as the FBF? I'm planning on getting the Titanium cans either way I go, if that matters.

Thanks!
The Arrow pipes get my vote. They sound and look amazing. The carbon pipes seem to have a deeper sound than the Ti. I deal with Arrow and Sil if you need either let me know.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Does the full arrow system block the oil drain plug? I have a set of mid pipes that do that and I was pissed. :mad: By the way I have a 05 s2r.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, that would be interesting to know. I do my own oil changes and it would be a real pain in the ass if I had to pull my pipes to do it.

Thanks again for all the responses all. I'm leaning towards the Arrow now.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Don't hate, just paint ;)

Arrows will not block drain plug. Sound is awesome, albeit a bit loud.

Grazi, if you want to install the baffles you'll need new end caps as well. You have to drill out your current caps & then pop rivet the new end caps on & then insert the baffles. I don't have the courage to bust apart my new carbon cans :D plus I bought them for performance so I don't want to restrict the flow.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
GusDuc said:
Don't hate, just paint ;)

Arrows will not block drain plug. Sound is awesome, albeit a bit loud.

Grazi, if you want to install the baffles you'll need new end caps as well. You have to drill out your current caps & then pop rivet the new end caps on & then insert the baffles. I don't have the courage to bust apart my new carbon cans :D plus I bought them for performance so I don't want to restrict the flow.
the reason they only offer baffles on the metal cannister is because the additional heat will discolor the carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I loved my FBFs (rebaged Sils) Iremoved the Sil stickers, they come with a FBF sticker and left them plain for my Dark. I also never had one problem with FBF service for the 2 years I bought parts from them. (and i bought lots of stuff!) I also like the FBF sound over Arrow, but that is just my oppinion. Either way you go you will have great pipes! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a full Arrow system on my S4Rs. They sound great. A bit loud for surrounding four-wheelers, but then again who cares unless they're sporting red and blues lights.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've got FBF Ti slip-ons with DP header. I do have to loosen my exhaust to change my oil. It is something of a PIA but it's done. I love how my bike sounds and looks...except for my melted boot marks on the mid pipe.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Arrows for sure. I rode with an S2R that had them, and I could hear him thundering up behind me over the noise of my 916.

My carbon FBF / Silmotors are nice, but they are quiet compared to most open pipes. I hear the airbox more when I'm riding.

PS - If you don't like the riveted logos, just drill off the rivet heads, remove the logos, then put new rivets in to fill the holes. Paint them with some semi gloss black and tada, you can't even tell they are there.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I ordered these from Ferracci, they came with the Sil name on them. Very nice pipe, excellent fit and finish, and a very deep, booming sound. I recommend them to anyone that asks.
Oh yeah... I got the complete system, and the mid pipe does not block the oil drain [thumbsup]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts