Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2005 s2r 800 - and i have decide that my next upgrade is going to be an new exhaust. I just cant make up my mind of witch one.
I really like the EX box for several reason. - Sounds, Power upgrade and definitely looks. IT really makes it look like the rear tire is floating. Also I have not seen too many of those around witch is allways a plus in my books.
The other one that I like a lot is the Arrow. Great systems looks very clean and gives the bike a nice boost in power. The one thing is that I see them everywhere......
Not that I'm just looking for my bike to stand out but I do want something different. ON the other hand I think that the arrow system can give it a very classy + Italian+ sporty look.
Both are a big investment so i just wanted to get some other opinions....
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Both great looking systems. ExBox looks a bit more bad-ass IMHO.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
with a filter and ecu, i would bet that the arrows would be more powerful. But the exbox will probably weight less. I think the best way to decide is to buy the one that will arrive at your doorstep the fastest.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I'm in the same boat and was leaning toward the Arrows until I saw a picture of the 50mm Zard system. Now I'm between the the Zard and Arrow.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
I was going to go Termi one day...
until I got hit by a Mercedes and the bike fell on the right side..........

ExBox. When another dumb blonde on a cell phone driving mommie's car hits me.....I won't be crying over Termi cans. [thumbsup]
Seriously......the ExBox is so strategically located.......it's genius in defensive modding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
kiwior said:
I'm in the same boat and was leaning toward the Arrows until I saw a picture of the 50mm Zard system. Now I'm between the the Zard and Arrow.
I was between the Arrows and the Zard myself, and opted for full Arrow Ti system (with removable baffles). Can't be happier.

Ken

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have the Zard but I'm changing to (I think) the Arrows, for the look more than anything else - I want to go back to a twin stack.

Those 50mm Zard pipes are indeed beautiful and I'll miss them but I'm really starting to like the Arrow pipes too.

I'd consider Termis but I haven't seen any nice pipe options for the S2R, just slip-ons and midpipe replacement.

Ex-Box, I think they look wild! I'd want to hear one first before I bought it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I love the ex-box look.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Installed the Arrows on my S2R on Saturday and I've never heard a bike sound like that..absolutely incredible...go w/ the Arrows, they make the bike sound like a Ducati should sound. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I just got the ex box and since my bike is in the shop had it put on while it was there.

The guys that work at the shop were blown away by the look. The other customers are confused "where the pipes go?" "i can't wait to hear it" "that's so cool"

Not so many monsters where i be added to the fact that this is a rare looking exhaust piece = exactly what i wanted.

It was either this or the megaphone style. This one won this battle. When I get a second monster (one day far far away) I'll get the megaphones, so i have both. But I love the 'box.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My bike is older, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an Exbox again.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I had a difficult time deciding on an exhaust system for my S4Rs.

I like the Termis because of the warranty issues, but i see alot of Termi systems.
They sound better than the stock system, but I'm not wild about the sound.
I like the look of the Arrow system, and the arrow system sounds better IMHO.
I like the Zard's look and the left/right configuration. I love the Zard deep throaty sound.

I finally decided on the Quat-D ex-box!!!!
I love the look!!! The sound clips I heard sound AWSOME!!!
I had them ceramic coated black. I'll post pics when I get them installed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts