Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Monster Community! I finally convinced my brother in law to sell me his Monster he rode around UC Santa Cruz.
Having ridden and still own a '95 900ss sp with straight thru exhaust, am used to that old v-twin growl sound.
Listening to youtube post, the Arrow exhaust i think has that deep and low growl that i like. Arrow unfortunately stopped producing those mufflers.
Do you know an equivalent? Thanks in advance. -Froggy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Termignoni carbon fiber cans have the same growl
I was afraid to see that answer. Termignonis are so expensive. I already ordered the Arrow Headers 71327MI. Right now, ebay has a listing for the Termignonis for $1200 and it's used. lol,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was afraid to see that answer. Termignonis are so expensive. I already ordered the Arrow Headers 71327MI. Right now, ebay has a listing for the Termignonis for $1200 and it's used. lol,
I need something that works with the Arrow Headers. So just the twin mufflers and mounting.

·
Registered
252 Posts
So you bought the headers and no silencers? You can slap any silencer you want on there with a trip to the auto parts store for exhaust adapters

·
Registered
252 Posts
For example, I have termignoni S4R silencers on my stock monster 696 and they sound great. Got them for 200 locally. You can definitely find arrow and termi silencers used on eBay for older generation bikes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes, agreed, any silencer with 50mm intake will work. I guess i can wait until a set comes along locally. What do you think about those Mivv Mufflers?

·
Registered
252 Posts
yes, agreed, any silencer with 50mm intake will work. I guess i can wait until a set comes along locally. What do you think about those Mivv Mufflers?
Not a fan, I'd stick with termignoni, arrow and yoshimura if you want the look and growl. I'm a huge simp for termignoni, so my bias shows a bit there

·
Super Moderator
606 Posts
Hello Monster Community! I finally convinced my brother in law to sell me his Monster he rode around UC Santa Cruz.
Having ridden and still own a '95 900ss sp with straight thru exhaust, am used to that old v-twin growl sound.
Listening to youtube post, the Arrow exhaust i think has that deep and low growl that i like. Arrow unfortunately stopped producing those mufflers.
Do you know an equivalent? Thanks in advance. -Froggy
Welcome to the Asylum, Froggy!

Which Monster? Arrows are awesome, (disclosure: Mr. Giannelli of Giannelli/Arrow is a friend of mine). You will spend a bit more on shipping, but eBay Italy often has a decent selection of NOS parts and accessories. If eBay isn't your thing, you can contact the vendors directly through their websites and many will sell/ship direct. For example:

HTH

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought Storm by Mivv Stainless cans for my 696 from Genial Motors in Italy on ebay for less than $300. They look great and sound great. I did remove their DB killers in favor of less restrictive ones from China. You can get also Chinese Termi clones for less than $300 from Ali Experss although I can't vouch for their quality. If anyone has tried them please let us all know.

·
Registered
252 Posts
ou can get also Chinese Termi clones for less than $300 from Ali Experss although I can't vouch for their quality. If anyone has tried them please let us all know.
Glad the Mivv's worked out. The Chinese Termi clones aren't quite clones, more like second cousins. It's just a vinyl carbon fiber wrap over stainless steel with cheap packing material and bad finish. You really do get what you pay for, and considering I picked up a full system Termi for less than that, definitely not worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts