Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the input in my earlier post on Vanson leathers. I talked to Vanson and it looks like they can set me up "off the rack".
I saw some dialog on CE versus hard armor. I was planning on going with Vanson's hard armor and back protector. Is there a significant comfort difference between the hard and CE armor? Is the hard armor significantly safer than CE? I'm a safety first guy but if I'm not comfortable riding, I'm not fully focused on the nuts in their cages.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
For street use the foam is plenty, the hard armor is not comfortable. Most I know that have the back protector usually cut the bottom triangle shaped tip flat as the tip tends to poke em in the back. Even the racers do it. If you are a consistently fast rider that always pushes the envelope then CE is the only way to go.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
The CE armor is definitely the way to go for street riding. It is more than enough protection and the hard armor (which I tried out) was just way too uncomfortable. I agree with cutting the tip off of the back protector. It was driving me nuts.

If you end up with the CE, be aware that it takes some time to break in before it becomes comfortable.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
i have 2 vansons and 1 dianese. in my fully perf'd vanson the soft armor is in the shoulders and arms w/ the articulated "turtle" hard back protector. my 2 piece track vanson has all hard or gp style armor.

i must say that if the fit is good w/ the pre shaping aspect of vanson the hard or gp style is plenty fine while on the bike. off the bike or around the bistro it's not very comfortable but in the saddle it's good when it fits.

both offer good protection but imho the gp armor is worth the effort.

oh - btw - it's not very cool (temp) in warm weather. both limit airflow.

good luck 8)

-m

1 - 4 of 4 Posts