Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case you didn't know, if the EPA ok's it Tucsonians won't have to take any motorcycles through emissions anymore. Also, Phoenicians and Tucsonians won't have to emission test "collector" vehicles 15 years or older anymore. Please see attached and let's cross our fingers the EPA OK's it! [clap]

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei/download/sip1.pdf

Good day,
KC

·
Registered
512 Posts
SheMonster said:
We have HUGE pollution problems here, especially in Phoenix during the winter - you can actually see the air.
I live East of AJ -- the air out here is much cleaner. The drive into my shop in Chandler is depressing once you see the big brown blog hovering above everything and knowning I'm going to breathe that stuff rest of the day. It's one of the primary reasons I'm moving out of here, the long-term affects of breathing this stuff isn't good and it isn't going to get any better with more people moving here and contributing to the problem.

Smog testing? Stupid. Imagine kickstarting a 1969 Ducati single cylinder to get it to come to life. No tachometer -- how do they test because you can't put it on the rollers either? What standards do they test to from when it was manufactured in 1969? I brought a Bimota dB2 in with Ducati 900cc engine -- it didn't exist in the books and thus failed because they didn't have the bike in their reference book as even existing! I do think that if newer bikes once they are mandated by law to have emissions controls on them be tested ala newer automobiles. Given modern fuel injection systems and more efficient engines, it isn't as much a problem.

·
Registered
49 Posts
UPDATE:

The EPA passed it!

now we are waiting for a final 'citizen vote' and, "...will have the decision by April 2007."
(according to the guy i spoke with today at the emissions office)

[thumbsup]
[thumbsup]

i've been dreading having to change my flatsides and set them back again every friggin' year..but this looks super good now. :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Phoenix? Or just Tucson?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Randimus Maximus said:
based on my research earlier today (because of bergstein's post ::) ),

[laugh] ...sorry, i didn't read enough before i started posting..

·
Registered
300 Posts
IMNSHO, emissions testing = revenue generation, pure & simple. Even though you only have to test most vehicles every other year, you still have to pay the fee on the "off" years. I've actually taken cars through on the off years just to make them work for the money (but I'm a jerk...).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.