Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird situation, I live in the boonies, and don't have any place where I can get a decent helmet that is not 3+ hours away, my friend has an Aria helmet that fits me like a champ, but helmet harbor doesn't carry Aria helmets, anybody know where I can get an Aria helmet for a decent price online? My friend payed over 500 for his helmet at the shop where he bought his bike, and I bet that If helmet harbor carried Aria, they would have the same helmet a lot cheaper, thanks in advance. :)

M

·
0 Posts
try helmetshop.com they may have a few left over from 2001 before arai instituted their numbskull ban of phone and internet orders back in 2002.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I was told the ban was to ensure that the helmets were fitted by an "trained" fit technician or some sh!t like that. Perhaps not a bad idea in theory but I don't think the helmet fitting process got any better. I also don't think Aria went out and purposefully trained people to be good fitters since the ban.

Also, be wary of ordering the same helmet model but different year. I also had a friend with an Arai Signet that fit me like a dream. I went to a shop and tried on the same helmet but one year newer-seemed fine so I bought it. Not the same fit at all it turns out. This winter I'll probably retire it to passenger use and look to get fitted for another-hopefully by a rep at a show or something. Anyway, good luck!

M

·
0 Posts
You can try to sweet talk someone who works at a dealership to just send you one that fits like your friend's. Most places will do it, I think... :p

BTW, I think the new Signet fits different b/c of the removable liner upgrade.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Perhaps, but mine is an 02 his an 01 so the liner things makes sense that way. but i recently went into a shop and tried on the 03 and it is def different. The issue is the space in front of my mouth. On the 01 and 03 the space is roomy, on my 02, I can purse my lips and touch the helmet. In fact, it's so close my chin has worn away the warning sticker that tells you to raise the little wind thingy before you remove the helmet. May not be a big deal but I like the room better. My buddy's helmet seemed a little snugger which was nice at speed. Not Arai's fault there, I probably should have suffered through a smaller tight fitting helmet until it packed out to a snug (not headache inducing) fit.

Yeah, I'd try the dealer thing too. My dealer also wouldn't qoute prices over the phone. Said it was Arai policy as well. If it gets much worse my next helmet may be a Shoei!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Oh, yeah, my buddy thought of an idea. Have a trusted lister buy it and ship it to you!

Not me though, I'd take your money and buy rearsets! ;)

·
Banned
11 Posts
arai helmet wholesale store is in Tokyo Ueno... and email masei helmet in Hong Kong and they have sources for Arai & Shoei
Helmet parts and accessories

·
Super Moderator
617 Posts
WOW! Necrothread award of the year!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts