Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is someone at work here who is selling a 750 monster '99 for $5000. It has 7200 miles. It has Micron pipes, K&N airfilter, flat handlebar, and never been crashed. Let me know what you guys think of this. Don't know if I should give him a call. Only thing is is that I don't know if I can really afford it right now. Don't see any for sale usually through the work paper. This is bad!!! I have the itch for a bike so bad right now!!! And I just love the way those Monsters sit and ride!!!

R

·
0 Posts
Hang in there Desmodiva....patience.......can you find out
more about the bike.who serviced it etc.?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know!!! :( Maybe I should just hold out. They always say the longer you hold out the better it is when the time accually comes!!! ;) Ok... so that can be taken in more context then I meant it, but it is so true... ARGH!!! This is frustrating!!!! :-[

·
Registered
216 Posts
Only you know your financial status & what to you is comfortable. It took me years to finally take the plunge - was it worth it? he11 yeah! I dont know if that's a good price or not - but doesnt sound bad. Definately look at maint history - if it's well kept and taken care of then that bike should go on the list. If you're getting a loan on 5k - it would probably be around 100$ a month, which is not too bad, insurance will probably be cheap, maint costs are not low, but not extreme either. When you are ready you'll know.

There are benifits of buying used - any issues will probably be taken care of, you can buy it with some nice bits & mods (saving you time and money). & buying new - warentee (spelling sucks - bite me), good deals, know how bike is ridden since new, know maint recs, can get maint deals, etc.

Decisions, decisions

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
hey you are a junior member now! congrats!!!
Why dont you just hold off for a bit? Get the moto safety course out of the way. I will take it with you if you want the company- couldnt hurt anyways. What we can do is shop around during the fall. The dealers will want to get rid of their stock for the winter months. In my opinion, if you are going to get a used bike, I would look in the $2-3000 range. Why pay the same for a used bike as you could for a new one (well almost).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts