Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be a dumb question...but has anyone tried to fit monster exhaust cans to a supersport / vice versa? I overheard this arguement in the coffee shop this morning, and for lack of not REALLY knowing for sure, I kept my pie hole shut...I doubt the mounting points would match up, but would the angle/ diameter of the pipe?

food 4 thought?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The canisters are same. Some of the DP pipes had a canister and headpipes were spring mounted. The headpipes could be interchanged. As far as stock pipes go, the 91-98 supersport angle of headpipe is bigger than the monster's, do not know about new style SS's.

S

·
0 Posts
mounting brackets line up in different locations, but there's no reason you couldn't "make them fit" with some adaptors. as noted, the head-pipe diameter's are the same.

W

·
0 Posts
I've seen a few who have made them fit... kind of swept up, looks cool.

·
Registered
599 Posts
So when I see all these used termignoni's on ebay that are listed as being for 998's and what not, aside from the brackets, I can make any of those fit to my '03 monster 620?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well, a 998 is not a SS its a superbike. Superbikes have very different exhausts and are not interchangeable. I do have a SS header set up and some cans off of god knows what on my monster. The SS header fits tighter to the swingarm than the monster pipes so it took some "work" to make it fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts