Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, after returning from an uneventful commute from work, as I set down my helmet I noticed that the left front top vent on my helmet (Arai Signet GTR) was gone. All that's left is some sticky V shaped gluey gunk. It was there when I left, because I checked to make sure it was open. To my knowledge (I think I'd know), nothing whacked me in the head hard enough to take it off, so I have to assume it just blew off. I've never dropped the helmet, keep it in the bag when I'm not wearing it, and it's less than 2 months old. Has this ever happened to anyone? I'm sure I can get the piece replaced, but it makes me worry how well the rest of it's constructed if the plastic parts can't stay on....

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
yup, happened to me last summer and I took it back to the shop where I bought it. The choices were 1) send the helmet into arai and have them replace it under warranty and be without it 3 weeks or more or 2) pay the $10 for a new vent and put it on myself, which takes all of 2 seconds.
Given the choices, I opted for #2 and even bought an extra vent in case it happens again. Even though it was only $10, I'm not happy that it was'nt taken care of "no questions asked".

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to the dealer where I got it, and they're going to replace it & "install it" for free. It took awhile, but their accessories manager finally admitted to me that "it happens all the time".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts