Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my birthday, my wife bought me the Arai Quantum/f helmet (she meant to get the RX-7, but made a mistake). I put it on and it fits really well, except I have a pressure point on the top of my head to the point I think I will be miserable on the ride. I read the RX-7 has a slightly different shape, so I tried it on. It feels much more comfortable, but still a noticeable pressure point on the top of my head. Will swapping out the interior liners make any difference (i.e. wider liner keep the helmet from resting on my head)?

TIA

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went to 2 shops today and tried on about 20 helmets...I'm starting to think the medium is what I should be wearing...it's like the helmet is too large, so it settles on the top of my head instead of being supported by the sides of my head...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Second the Signet GTR.

Is it putting pressure on the top or front of your head?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried on the medium quantum/2 and the medium rx-7 again yesterday. I've determined the larges were too large, and settled on the top of my head, driving me to verge of madness. I wore the mediums in both helmets and found them both very enjoyable--excellent fit!

I've got the rx-7 on its way!

R

·
0 Posts
I love my RX7rr4. I remember crashing at VIR when it was new. I was so relieved when my kead did not hit the ground. I really love that lid.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
have you done any pad changes?

M

·
0 Posts
Arai helmets come in different shapes,oval for those with an oval type of head,round of for round head and oval intermediare kinna in between oval and round.
Try different store ...

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
the pressure points front and rear are probably shape/size issues. i 2nd the try-on diff sizes and shapes then adjust w/ the pads for final fit. i ended up w/ arai quantum also - (couldn't get the fit w/ the rx) then changed out the pads to get the snug-pudge look w/ the cheeks. great fit.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
While out helmet shopping for my wife...

this weekend, I tried on all the Arai styles ( I have a Quantum 2). The RX7 in Large felt a little bigger on me than my L Quantum2 does. My Quantum is the best fitting one for me after all. Whew. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts