Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arai Quantum or Shoei RF-1000? Both fit pretty good on me, found a couple on eBay going for about the same price.. so which one would you pick.?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got a new Arai Quantum yesterday from Ebay: $295.00 and I have the best fit I've ever had in a helmet. What's really nice too are all the vents and extra fetures. But it is such an individual choice; what's good for one might not be good for another. Take a shot and see what you like.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Where on ebay did you find the Quantum for $295? That's pretty good. I'm tossing both helmets around right now trying to decide, price being the only factor to consider (The Arai wins, no contest). If I can get the Arai for the same price as an RF, it's a done deal.
T.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I prefer the Shoei. I like their shield attachment much better. I don't like the side covers of the Arai.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got an Arai off ebay too ($270). Never owned a Shoei, but I love the Arai.

New, all stickers, tags, and box. great deals out there if you jsut do a little research.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I prefere Arai,when i bought mine i tryed every helmet including Shoei and got the one that fit me the best
no matter what color.
But when it come down to it,it's yours to decide.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Out of curiosity, when you're buying the helmet on fleaBay, what is the story from the sellers? Are they private sellers or dealers trying to get around the ban on online sales?

Just curious - my Arai renegate is still my fave...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I bought my Arai Signet GTR off ebay for $320 and it even had a manufacture date of 10/2003. So my guy had to be a dealer trying to beat the "no online Arai sales". When I won the auction, you got to select what size you wanted.

ARAI wins my vote, I didn't care for the Shoei's i have tried on.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I got Shoei Z-2 and Reflective shield for less than wife's Arai... obviously, If you get X-11 (a step up from Z-2) this would not be the case...

Have you checked out some of the other brands for fit? Soumy? Shark? I don't know how they compare in price, but may be worth a look...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input guys.. ended up getting the Arai. It fit much better than the Shoei RF1000. The guy at the shop agreed and said "You don't have a Shoei head"... I was like...."oh, thanks".. FYI, i have a round shape head..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts