Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an L.A. dealer that sells Arai helmets below full retail? I'd like to pick up a Corsair replica, but don't want to pay full boat ($700). If not, I might try to pick one up off of e-bay. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think your best bet is to find a new one that's a year old. When I was looking to buy my new hlmet, almost every shop had "closeout" prices on year old models.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Pro Italia sometimes has sales. If not, try Hammy Boys in Santa Monica on Lincoln and Pico. They'll cut you a deal. Feel free to mention my name to Ferris.

-R.

R

·
0 Posts
Was that were we got the deal? I think so....they even had an RX7 there priced quite low at the time.....too bad it was the wrong size...

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I had a very good experiance on E-bay. They are not suppossed to sell them , so they list them as "closeouts".
Once you know your Arai size, they are very consistent , so there should be no problem with ordering. Just make sure you have modeled the exact helmet and size you are ordering.

I saved a bundle, and got exactly what I wanted!

Rideon

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Try Motorcycle Riders, Inc. - parts shop on Ventura Blvd. Web site is ridersinc.com. Ask for Nick and tell him Linda McMahon sent you! He has great prices on everything!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Is hammy boys, well..there are 2 little shops on Lincoln down in that area. One had some kind of Duc in it for a while and is amall, the other one is MUCH MUCH smaller it appears.

The one with the DUC did have some good deals on previous year helmets, but I didn't want a replica.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yes Kevin, that would be them.

Fleedatz, Hammy usually has a few Ducs on the floor. I don't know which other shop you speak of, there's a bunch of them - I think you mean the one across the street from my house just north of Venice Blvd, I've never actually been there it griefs me to say. Hammy doesn't always advertise their prices, you have to talk to them and then they'll come down. They'll match any price you might find elsewhere.

-R.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts