Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed one of those small Puig windscreens or something similar? I don't want to ruin the naked look, but at the same time, I need to deflect some of the wind. Past 55mph, I feel like a kite, and my neck starts to get sore After a while. 797+ here

·
Registered
2021 monster 937
18 Posts
I had one years ago on a Suzuki SV650. It was the double bubble type. Not too big. It really helped push the air over the top of the helmet and increased highway cruising comfort. I recommend it.
Has anyone installed one of those small Puig windscreens or something similar? I don't want to ruin the naked look, but at the same time, I need to deflect some of the wind. Past 55mph, I feel like a kite, and my neck starts to get sore After a while. 797+ here
I ordered the OEM screen for my M937. Also had to order the required carbon gauge cover for the fit. It’s been over a month, still hasn’t arrived. I checked out the puig online but I don’t think they have it in production yet. It looks pretty slick.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered the OEM screen for my M937.
Did you order the "sport screen" Puig part number 20688#? Or was it the Ducati OEM one?

Your thread reminded me that I'm really going to want one so I ordered this one. I ordered it in clear so it shouldn't really take away from any naked bike aesthetics. They claim it reduces pressure on the body from 17.1 kg/cm2 to 12.4 kg/cm2 at 150 kmh.

The effect doesn't seem to affect the helmet as much however. I noticed that the aerodynamics of the helmet make a big difference here. I have a helmet with a "wing" on the back that keeps my helmet level when riding at high speeds. Helmets without that feature tend to make the helmet feel like its pushing my chin up. The wind noise is also greatly reduced which increases comfort for me.

·
Registered
2021 monster 937
18 Posts
Did you order the "sport screen" Puig part number 20688#? Or was it the Ducati OEM one?

Your thread reminded me that I'm really going to want one so I ordered this one. I ordered it in clear so it shouldn't really take away from any naked bike aesthetics. They claim it reduces pressure on the body from 17.1 kg/cm2 to 12.4 kg/cm2 at 150 kmh.

The effect doesn't seem to affect the helmet as much however. I noticed that the aerodynamics of the helmet make a big difference here. I have a helmet with a "wing" on the back that keeps my helmet level when riding at high speeds. Helmets without that feature tend to make the helmet feel like its pushing my chin up. The wind noise is also greatly reduced which increases comfort for me.
I ordered the Ducati OEM screen. The Puig website says the Monster 937 screen is “under development”. Was your order a “pre” order?

·
Registered
2021 monster 937
18 Posts
Ahh no actually mine was an eBay order from seller MotorcycleID. It appears to use the original "bikini fairing" but replaces the short OE windshield with a slightly bigger one. Its taller by just 100mm.
Got it. I think a screen can look good on the 937 and The ride is a lot more fun without the wind beating on you when you’re riding long stretches of slab.

·
Registered
292 Posts
You're better off without a windscreen. My S2R had one and it was the first thing I got rid of; I get less wind being pushed up into my face or torso now and I've ridden the bike across 6 western states for two weeks at a time.

·
Registered
2013 Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
1 Posts
Hi This is what I've put on my 1100EVO. Doesn't provide a great deal of wind protection though.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I ordered the OEM screen for my M937. Also had to order the required carbon gauge cover for the fit. It’s been over a month, still hasn’t arrived. I checked out the puig online but I don’t think they have it in production yet. It looks pretty slick.
How's the wind protection? I'm ordering one. My dealer didn't know if the carbon gauge cover was required for the M937 Plus. Do you know? Thx.

·
Registered
2021 monster 937
18 Posts
How's the wind protection? I'm ordering one. My dealer didn't know if the carbon gauge cover was required for the M937 Plus. Do you know? Thx.
Don’t know yet. It’s been two months since I ordered the screen and carbon cover. I just checked with Monroe motors and the cover is in but screen is not. I believe that the cover is required for the plus. The dealer thought so as well, but it’s a new model bike so accessory fit and availability are still being sorted out. Pandemic logistics haven’t helped either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts