Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads and found that some M696 riders are using bar risers, in particular, the Jese Racing risers. Do the handlebars contact the tank at full lock with these risers or is there adequate clearance? I'm looking to bring the stock bars up about an inch and back a little bit. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I have a set of 1 1/4" risers on my 01 M900.
I put them on last summer to help out with
wrist fatigue. It did help.
I have no issues with bars touching the tank
(I even have bar end mirrors)
or cables needing rerouting.
It was a plug & play deal for me.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I purchased my bike from a guy my same height (5' 6") and he installed bar risers. I don't know what brand, but I have no issue at all with them hitting the tank. I really can't imagine life without them, I'd probably have very sore wrists, but with them I find the bike to be super comfy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
695 with bar risers

I got mine on eBay. I put them on to make the 695 more of a standard. They also add an inch to the clearance at full lock. Worked without changing any cables or adjusting banjo bolts. Also, much simpler than changing out the bars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok, so has anybody fitted risers to a 696? Like opticat I'd like to know how well they work on a 696.
Yes, I did. Rizoma risers with Rizoma conical handlebars. My wife is now veeeery happy and she said that now everything is as it should be ;D.
Little corrections must be done to avoid impact with reservoir pannels but that is a minor work to do. Some pics to see how it looks before and after.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4026/prijeposlije1.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks, Wolfenstein, that looks great. Is there a dealer for that listed on this board?
I am from Croatia-Europe, so name of dealer where I have buy Rizoma stuff will not help you ;-). Rizoma parts is not hard to find, very good brand with very high prices, but prices are high just like quality of them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jese Racing 696 risers

I searched the threads and found that some M696 riders are using bar risers, in particular, the Jese Racing risers. Do the handlebars contact the tank at full lock with these risers or is there adequate clearance? I'm looking to bring the stock bars up about an inch and back a little bit. Thanks!
The Jese Racing risers work out pretty well with tank clearance with the cutouts. If you're at full contact, you've got bigger problems to deal with at the moment!:eek:

Thes risers are the smartest 696 mod $$$$ you'll ever invest!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Jese Racing risers work out pretty well with tank clearance with the cutouts. If you're at full contact, you've got bigger problems to deal with at the moment!:eek:

Thes risers are the smartest 696 mod $$$$ you'll ever invest!
did you have to change any cables?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where are these Jesse Racing risers? I see in ebay that he has a set that is $40. Not sure if they fit a 696. Someone elsewhere posted there is a set for like $140? Not on ebay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts