Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Just moved to Hayward recently and now commute over the bay bridge. Most times I use the carpool lane before ten but sometimes I ride in later.

Any of you use FasTrak and if so how well does it work for you? Do you get dinged when using the carpool lane?

Thanks,

Uncle_Duck

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
I don't personally but here's my understanding.
You can use fasttrack by putting it in your jacket or wherever. However, that means that you will get charged during carpool times. You can get a bag that will negate the fasttrack to put the fasttrack in from the toll authority though, you juts have to remember to put it in or take it out of said bag before you leave. still better than screwing w/ tolls though. that sucks.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Just found the fastrak web site. Don't know why I didn't look there in the first place ::)

Here is where I found the answers:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/fastrak/faq.htm

Uncle_Duck

·
Registered
423 Posts
funny, I got got my fastrak yesterday.

I'm so excited :-/

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Yeah, DATV--

Can you put it in a pocket and have it work?

I wouldn't want to mount it on my bike...

Tigre

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Seems to work best in the top map case on a tank bag, but I've used it in a jacket and had some success, some not.

Basically if you let the fastrack people know about your bike they'll read the license plate and bill you anyway if it doesn't read.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I keep mine in my jacket pocket and I've had the same experience....sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't...
It's sort of hard to hear it beep while riding, but about half the time the reader board says "VALID"....
For the times it doesn't I've been billed later because the plate is registered...

Abramo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts