Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Vista Cruise on my other bike and love it. Cheap and easy to operate.

I'm looking for a throttle lock for the Monster. Anyone use one?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i broke my wrist about a year ago (ok, hold the comments)
and bought a device called the 'throttle rocker' i think.
its essentially a heel pad which attaches to the twist
grip and allows you to loosten your grip on the throttle.
for me, that's all i really need .... to lighten up on the
squeeze once in a while. at about $10, well worth it.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I've got that vista cruise on my monster for touring and it gives you a nice break. I hate the look of it though and take it off when I'm not touring. I actually rode for an hour straight with no hands last summer on my 10k trip as it was a cold night and I had them tucked under my crotch. Not smart though, If I had of been doing that on one stretch of hwy in Montana, I would have been dead. I got hit by a gust of wind that almost blew me off the hwy. If it was'nt for the paved shoulder I was done. It took everything I had to hold me and inch from the dirt for a good half mile until I could fight back to the lane.
My point is.....the throttle lock can allow for one to get a little too relaxed and put you in place you can't get out of if things go bad.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
My ST2 came with a bar-end throttle lock and I have yet to find a circumstance where I wanted to use it.

I guess I never ride where I hold a steady speed for more than a few seconds at a time.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I had a BMW that had a friction adjuster and would simply keep the throttle from springing back. I got used to that and now set-up my other bikes the same way. On the M750 and S4 I added bar-end mirrors and installed them so the grip rubs against it. Throttle works normal just doesn't snap back.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to stay away from the Throttlerocker based on a review I read:

http://www.sport-touring.net/mods/throttlerocker/index.shtml

I use my Vista to give my hand a break for a few minutes at a time, primarily when I'm on the interstate. You just flip your thumb and the throttle retracts closed when you are done.

I think I'll get another Vista Cruise for the Monster, though I'll probably have to modify it. Throttlemeisters are available (attach on the bar ends) but it seems more dangerous to manuever it by taking your hand off the grip, rather than just flipping your thumb.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Help?

Which Vistacruise are you guys using? I just bought one for Honda, hoping it could be adapted to my 2010 Hypermotard, but it's not going to work.:mad:
I frequently travel long distances and have carpel tunnel, a real bad combination!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts