Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been mostly riding with BARF and SBR crew lately, but would love to ride with some fellow Ducati riders. Anyone up for a ride this weekend? Maybe Tunitas, Stage, Pescadero Gazos creek type of loop.

Allen. ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I can probably get out for half a day, but I'll be sticking in the East Bay. I'm still not sure if I'm up to any long rides yet.

I'll probably do Highland Road, Altamont Pass Road, Patterson Pass Road, and Tesla/Corral Hollow. I'm not ready for Mines yet.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Kevin (of Monstrack) and I are doing a ride on Saturday at around 1 p.m. I'm meeting him in LaH0nda. If anyone's doing a morning ride (around 8 or so), I'll join but I'll have to get to LaHonda by 1 p.m.

Anyone else who wants to do the 1 p.m. ride is welcome to join.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Daffe,

Where are you guys riding to? I might like to tag along if you don't mind... ;D

allen.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
I'm there. looks like saturday will be a great day....wwoa..scratch yahoo says showers in the morning, but high 60. last night TV they said great weather, maybe 69 degrees... how about meet in La Honda at 1?

Daffe, is this guy hooligan cool?

Aerkman, where do you live?

rrockstar. 8)

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
looks like the rain has been erased from the calander. yea! but it won't be as warm. boo. the heat comes Monday. double boo. ok 63 is only 6 degrees.

Los Gatos guys, lets meet at Starbucks LG 9:30am, ride to San Gregorio, eat, then off to La Honda to meet at 1pm.

rrockstar

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Your hand still bothering you?
Cold makes it go stiff and ache. Working a clutch for too long makes my thumb hurt. And my grip is still a bit weak.

Other than that, it's good as new. 8)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry guys, can't join you.
Looking forward to the next one, Cesar.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
sorry... been busy at work all week so haven't been able to post...

- the 1 p.m. ride is still on... rain supposed to stop at 2 a.m. in Los Gatos. I'll meet everyone 9:30 a.m. at Los Gatos Starbucks. I live about 7 min. from there.

- anyone's welcome to join the ride... Welcome aboard Allen! I think there's a heavy concentration of DML/SFBMHA riders in Los Gatos.

- Geezer... maybe next time

- Scott - I rode part of the route for the April ride today during my lunch break. From Los Gatos up Hwy 9 across to 35 to the end... took about 40 min or so. There are some wavy sections of the road that we should be careful around (there's some sort of tumor growth under the pavement on one of the turns north of Alice's that's about 2" tall or so).

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
DAffe, great! see you in the morning

Allen., you up? here's my cell 650-924-3069 if you want to catch up.

I'm going to bed. rrockstar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys,

Missed you this morning. I waited until 9:35 at LG *$s, but didn't see any motos. Oh well... Ended up riding with the BARF dudes. It was a great day for riding! Someone left a SFBMA card on my bike at Davenport. Was that you guys?

Allen.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Allen, you missed me by about 5 minutes.... btw, that card on your bike was left by me.... didn't you hear us leave Davenport? My monster is pretty loud.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allen, you missed me by about 5 minutes.... btw, that card on your bike was left by me.... didn't you hear us leave Davenport? My monster is pretty loud.

Dang. Sorry i missed you Daffe. Hopefully we'll hook up next time. Here's some pics i took on today's ride (hope you don't mind the crosspost).

Allen.
http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2642

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Daffe,

I though you left that business card on a red duc.

Allen. ,

is yours Dark or Red. I thought Daffe put this card on a red one.

Daffe and I had a great ride, except the anti-ice grave and water on the road. we slipped around a coulpe times each.

we went up 9,
turned right at the stop sign in Boulder Creek to Jamison Creek road,
fallowed the signs to Bonny Doon and hiway 1,
had lunch at Davenport,
hung-out with Sarah, Ned and friend with a black Mulitstrada (mmm),
talked motoring and camping in Death Valley this weekend with her BMW group,
sat in the sun on the porch eating (beef) Whale Burgers,
road up Swanton loop ( beautiful area),
back south on hiway 1 to visit MotoItalia in Capitola,
road home old San Jose - Soquel Road.
great ride, great day.
wish we could have meet and road with you.

rrockstar.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts