Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like sunny weather might reach 51 degrees on sunday. Break out that cold weather gear, anyone up for a brisk afternoon ride the 31st? Who knows it might even get close to 60.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Put me as a "maybe" - the weather does look promising on Sunday ;)

·
Registered
665 Posts
i ll do a short ride this saturday 50-100miles maximum around Dallas then stop by AMS.. ;D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm looks like maybe rain saturday :mad: although sunday looks good monday looks even better!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Scott's forecast-

Saturday - Partly sunny & 60 (should dry up any moisture happening today)

Sunday - Partly sunny & 57

I think a nice ride Sunday would be a good way to end the year...

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yep, for sure - GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE! So help me if I have to look at another piece of left-overs I'll scream...

So, any route ideas?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in for sure, anytime is good for me. Anyone have a route in mind?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Weather's looking good tomorrow! Maybe a little chilly.....
It'll be our last chance this year for a ride ;)

I'm in- when & where?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
There are different roads we could take once we get north of Forestburg (out near Muenster) if anyone is interested in that again? Maybe lunch in Muenster (there are several other good German food places there just in case anyone's carb allotment for the holidays is still in the deficit column [laugh] ).

If no one else pipes up for ride route suggestions, would it be workable to meet again at Bass Pro Shops parking lot around 9:30 or so?

I got some cold weather riding gear for Christmas so I'm anxious to try it all out!

Lisa

P.S. (Maybe that movie star Mr. January can join us... that is if he still hangs out with The People >:D )

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm pretty open...
Refresh my memory- What's the mileage & time for a Muenster run?

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I'm out on this one folks, would like to cruise the Muenster area but too booked up. Colin's 10th b-day is today and we have other stuff cooking the 31st. Bundle up and have fun!! Next Friday is looking good weather wise, sunny and mid 60's. Lunch next Friday anyone? Lisa, maybe I'll show you my RC51! That almost sounds a little nasty!!! Just kidding!

Happy New Year!!

Brian

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
9:30 at Bass Pro works for me and meunster works as well! Wasn't the last trip about 150miles and about 4 hours there and back?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Duc_L'Smart said:
I'm pretty open...
Refresh my memory- What's the mileage & time for a Muenster run?
It's roughly 200 miles from BPS. Takes about four hours if we stop and have lunch. (Hmmm... looks like Billy beat me to it while I was lallygagging around writing this post!)

fastwin said:
I'm out on this one folks, would like to cruise the Muenster area but too booked up. Colin's 10th b-day is today and we have other stuff cooking the 31st. Bundle up and have fun!! Next Friday is looking good weather wise, sunny and mid 60's. Lunch next Friday anyone? Lisa, maybe I'll show you my RC51! That almost sounds a little nasty!!! Just kidding!

Happy New Year!!

Brian

[laugh] [laugh]

Too bad about Sunday, but lunch on Friday sounds do-able. Somebody pick a fave and time?

Happy B-Day to Colin [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
So it's the 3 Musketeers at BPS, 9:30!

C'Mon, folks... Anyone else???

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
See ya'll there in the a.m., woo-hoo!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Ya'll be safe! What a great way to end the year, I'm jealous that I can't do the same! Maybe I'll spin around the block just to say I did end the year with a ride. Have fun!!

ps Got some Ferracci clip ons for the 999, they have a different angle and the end of the bar is about 2" higher than stock. They look real nice. Hopefully it will make the 999 a little more comfy on those longer rides. My back/wrists/neck/shoulders, etc. will thank me! Lisa and James I'll give you a report when I git r' dun or let you take a comparo spin.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
fastwin said:
Ya'll be safe! What a great way to end the year, I'm jealous that I can't do the same! Maybe I'll spin around the block just to say I did end the year with a ride. Have fun!!

ps Got some Ferracci clip ons for the 999, they have a different angle and the end of the bar is about 2" higher than stock. They look real nice. Hopefully it will make the 999 a little more comfy on those longer rides. My back/wrists/neck/shoulders, etc. will thank me! Lisa and James I'll give you a report when I git r' dun or let you take a comparo spin.
Cool - I'd be curious to see how those clip-ons work...

Billy and Duc L'Smart, there's a Starbucks about a 1/4 of a mile to the north of BPS on International Parkway (FM 2499) that we could stop at before we head out of town if the morning chill is a bit too much... tho I'm sure its nothing that a double espresso wouldn't cure >:D

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Starbucks sounds great! Should we meet at BPS at 9:00?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yeah - let's meet at BPS, 9am instead of 9:30. Think I'll bring a camelback for my coffee [laugh]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts