Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought at service manual on my Duc 900 2000. The manual is in three or so langauges (english being one of them). But the last two pages of this book that have all the torque specs are in freaking italian only.

so I can now work on my bike but cant tighten anything back up.

I need a tranlator. ::)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
is this the factory manual? you sure about the torque numbers? each section frame/engine has it's own set of torque values at the end of EACH section and they should be listed twice, once in italian, once in english...

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hola! como esta? ;D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
What kind of torque wrench are you using? You should have two scales on your torque wrench, Foot pounds, and Newton Meters. The manual will call out the torque specs in Nm.
Your translator is on your tool. Unless you can't figure out which parts they are referring to [laugh]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fasterblkduc said:
What kind of torque wrench are you using? You should have two scales on your torque wrench, Foot pounds, and Newton Meters. The manual will call out the torque specs in Nm.
Your translator is on your tool. Unless you can't figure out which parts they are referring to [laugh]
Yea my torque wrench has lbs and nm...You are correct, just the last two pages of the manual have the torque settings for various areas of the bike and they dont have an english section on those pages like the rest of the book :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.