Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... i'm still looking... i haven't been on in about a week because of college finals... i've been ridiculously busy..
anyways, i sometimes miss good deals, which i'm still looking for.. haha.. and may be forever trying to find a duc for 3000.. but i'm hoping.. this is about when prices are lowest right?? or do they stay low for a couple months being that it's the off season...
anyways.. i'm looking most likely west of the mississippi.. somewhere within 4 hours of vegas (CA or AZ) hopefully or anywhere in between south dakota and las vegas... as long as i can get shipping and keep it around 3600 or hopefully less... I'm gonna try and huck my '01 ford explorer for about 6000 this winter and want to keep extra for when or ifff i ever get a car again.. maybe a cheap ass car for the summers in las vegas..

anyways.. you guys see any deals let me know...
i'm not totally against a salvage title either because, being my first bike, i'm not going to get comp/collision insurance anyways.. but if i am gonna get a salvage title i'm looking more around the range of 2800-3000 before shipping, if a clear title.. i'm looking for an older monster in the 600 cc range...
let me know if you guys spot anything.. local craigslist, ebay, salvage yards, friends, etc... thanks again for all your help
happy holidays
christian

·
Registered
157 Posts
It looks like you have gotten some responses here, but I was going to suggest going with something else, especially if it is your first bike. I think it is better to start on something smaller/cheaper than to compromise on the quality of the bike you want. A few deals I found:

One for 4K in Houston
http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/246634811.html

Beater 750 in Phoenix
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/mcy/246197670.html

Clean title 620 in Denver for $2500 - looks like a good deal.
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/246246681.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got my 98 M900 for a great deal considering its in near perfect condition! [thumbsup]

-Danimal

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I know where you can get a 99 ST2 for an asking price of $3750. I haven't seen the bike, since it's in Oakland, but the owner has promised to send me photos (by last weekend :mad: ). There was another ST2 listed at $2500 in October, that showed up at La Ducati Days. I think that one's gone.

There are still a few good deals out there if you keep an eye out for them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Scott R. Nelson said:
I know where you can get a 99 ST2 for an asking price of $3750. I haven't seen the bike, since it's in Oakland, but the owner has promised to send me photos (by last weekend :mad: ). There was another ST2 listed at $2500 in October, that showed up at La Ducati Days. I think that one's gone.

There are still a few good deals out there if you keep an eye out for them.
Awesome deals. The ST2 is a great bike.

-Danimal

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Are you willing to do some wrenching? First rule: Never trust the previous owner. Having said that, I paid $200 for an 80's Ducati Pantah (needed some work but all cosmetic); $3500 for a '93 750SS that was highly tricked out; and just recently $3500 for a '03 900SS in great mechanical shape but needed the regulator replaced (very common) and some other easy stuff like new tires, rear signal units, and left switch unit - all reasonable to do yourself and affordable.

check cycletrader.com. there's a lot going up for sale right now.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I think it is hard to find, but I just sold mine a few months ago for $3,500. It was a 2003 Monster 620ie with about 4,5000 miles & some slight damage. I still have a picture of it because I still miss it! LOL

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.