Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see the new cycleworld "chopped ducks" article?

Pretty neat stuff. I am not a big fan of the recent "chopper" phase, with heavy, long, hard to ride, and usually painted a totally gay color bikes... But I do like the real "chopper" look, that came right after WWII when GI's where modding whatever they could get their hands on to make them lighter, faster, and more singular in purpose.
Thats why I like the Monsters. It is to me a "real" modern day chopper.
Anyway, these chopped ducks (especially the first one) really look like the retro choppers... and it makes sense to use a more "performance" engine, instead of a heavy harley engine.
It would probably compliment the Monster line, not compete with it.. that is if ducati were so bold as to produce something like that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Re: Anyone see the cycleworld ducati choppers arti

I like the first one as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

can't say i see the logic in taking what is essentially
a performance power plant and putting it in a package
which prohibits that performance from being exploited.
that's the problem i have with 'choppers' in general.
there is no function, only form. if you want to call them
art, then i totally agree .... some of them are quite
beautiful. but for performance (which was the original
goal of most manufacturers, including harley) or even
simple riding, most are effectively useless.

M

·
0 Posts

does anyone know about the Ducati Monster chopper that is in the Phoenix area? i saw it over at the Chandler Mall parked next to a Monster Chromo on friday afternoon after i came out of B&N after reading cycleworld. except the seat and tank was about seven inches lower and the fork radically raked out. the exhaust tuckd under the swingarm behind the motor. the fuel tank and headlight look like the only stock parts on it?? there was a onesided wheel on the back with i think a custom built frame. its still in raw steel and cf and had a trip permit on it. the name in black marker pen on the tank was "PEGASO". i waited awhile to see if anyone would show up, but nobody did. i ran home to get a camera to take pictures but both were gone when i got back...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

You need to burn that issue of Cycle World! It is a blasphemy :mad:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

can't say i see the logic in taking what is essentially
a performance power plant and putting it in a package
which prohibits that performance from being exploited.
that's the problem i have with 'choppers' in general.
there is no function, only form.

S

·
0 Posts
Does anybody have pictures of these Monster choppers, or perhaps a link to pictures?

Thanks!

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts

D. said:
I like the first one as well.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes.

S

·
0 Posts
rugbymook, who do/did you play rugby for? I played for Manhattan College and the Landsdowne RFC.

Superleggara, any in-progress pictures you can post??? ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Slaintedan,

I started playing in college at Pitt in 1986. After graduation i played for the Pittsburgh Harlequins for a few years, then stepped down a division to play with another Pittsburgh club (Highlanders). Mostly play Flanker and Center. I have coached the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown mens club for 2 years and now am the womens coach at Washington & Jefferson College.

I play sevens during the summer with my club or a combination of guys from Pittsburgh. I'm getting a bit slow now at 36. I need to put down the beer and step up the conditioning. ;D ;D

I love the sport and hope it catches on more in the states. After this year i will have played for half my life!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts