Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to do a bit of riding this weekend.

Saturday I could do a short ride (probably Malibu area)

Sunday I could go somewhere a bit further away (ACH)

Anyone up?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm doing ACH Dawn Patrol Saturday, and San Diego/Palomar(?) Sunday. Probably earlier and further than you're up for...

Eric, I've still got your LS SoCal Monsters T-Shirt...need to hook up & get it to you.

Ryan, what's your scooter in the shop for?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could be up for dawn patroll on Saturday. What time is that...6 at the shell station? The earlier the better since "THE MAN" requests my presence at work.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Meet Shell Station 5:30/5:40 am leave around 5:55/6:00 AM all depends on when the sun rises!! See you all there!

Linda

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there shouldn't be much traffic on the freeways at that time eh?

Does anyone have an addy for that shell so I can getz me a mapz?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Here's a little map pic:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nick,

It's "just" for the 12k service. However, there are also a few other things I've been wanting to take care of like the battery and the Foggy ECU problem that Tom pointed out to me. Also one of the cylinders seems to be running much richer than the other one, and I'm getting a lot of popping on decel. And, ..... well, you know, it's a Ducati ;D

Eric, from Venice, take I-10 to the 110 North to the 5 North to the 2 North to the 210 (I think the 2 ends there). Take the 210 East and get off on the first exit La Canada/ Flintridge. You want to hang a right at the exit, the Shell will be right in front of you. Figure about 30 min. to get there.

Have fun and be safe,

-R.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ALLRIGHT...I'm going to be there people! I'm STOKED!!!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
And if you're really lucky, I'll remember to bring your shirt.

We need to be ready to leave the Shell at a moment's notice, last time we were momentarily distracted and got left behind.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
:'( :'( :'( Wish you were coming along too Ryan!!

Linda

S

·
0 Posts
We need to be ready to leave the Shell at a moment's notice, last time we were momentarily distracted and got left behind.
Geeeee thanks...I guess next time I won't rebuild my bike at 6am at a gas station.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
probably pretty cold eh? I'm putting the liner in my jacket and wearing lots of shirts. If I am the least bit cold I feel almost paralized.....like a huge WHIMP!

But you need to come anway!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Could be somewhat chilly.

My map software says we have to leave the Shell at 5:40 or so to avoid getting hit by sunrise in the middle of the run up the hill. IIRC, that riding directly into the sun really sucked last time. :p

Let's park closer this time?

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Road Report - took a ride up the hill earlier this evening and it was excellent! Rode up the back way over 9 mile to Newcombs, had an excellent steak sandwich dinner and then down the front! My new tires rock!! (208 GPAs) Not great for fwy stuff, but excellent on the hill. Still getting use to them so will be taking it easy tomorrow. They are doing road repair on the Crest between Switzers and just a tad bit past Mt. Wilson, but nothing major. Just don't go wide on the turns they are working on....bit of gravel! This is the section that I slow down in anyway.....need my suspension worked on so the beast doesn't handle well over the chatter bumps. Gives me time to view the scenery! ;)

Will be nippy, but not bad at all. It's suppose to warm up tomorrow. I just wear a turtleneck with T-Shirt and seem to be fine.

Yep, we will most likely leave before 6:00 AM! Be ready to go boys.....will be a fun ride.....ride your own ride and be safe!

Woooooo Hooooooo!! Looking forward to another day o' riding on the Hill! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ciao.

Linda

1 - 20 of 33 Posts