Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are thinking of getting rid of your mickey's for barends, but not sure if they will be right for you/your bike. Get some 3rd Eye's, they rock, and at $11 a pop you cant go wrong really.

I just installed some a couple of days ago and I love them. I may be in the market for some nicer, higher end ones eventually but these are doing a great job for now. Installation was a snap, infact I did it right in the bycicle shop parking lot. I had to wait till I got some tools to get the mickey's off though, but that gave me a chance to compare the two quite well. Basically after being able to use the WHOLE mirror on the barends, I will never go back.

I took them on the highway and at 80 mph, I had less vibration from them than I got from my mickey's, not to mention how much more I could see. 100% vs 60-20% when my jacket airvents are open.

One note though, they seem to be slightly convex, so things appear much farther away in them than they did in the stock, you just need to get used to it, but till then watch the lane changes!!

All in all, they get an A+ from me.

Agian, waiting on pics, will post them as soon as I have them.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Re: Anyone on the fence about barend mirrors read

Hear Hear Brotha! I'm with you on this one. $13 around here, but damn good deal cheaper than $50+ a piece.

It would be nice to have them just a tad higher then they are, but you get used to it real quick like. ;D

Only problem I had with mine was when I replaced one, and the [email protected] mirror fell out after just 2 days. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts

beats what i paid here in the land of oz for a set of DP low profile mirrors for my s4r - $350 what a joke!
Nice one brother..........

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

As a warning though, I tried the third eyes as well but you sacrifice vision for clearance. When splitting lanes, adding 2" to each side is alot...

G

·

I got my bar end mirrors for 32.50 per. I think that 65.00 was a good price and they were easy to put on.

Much better vision than standard. ;D

I like the low look and getting the mirrors out of the way while riding is cool too. ;)

Tom.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

I have the "3rd eye" type mirrors on my S4 and do not particularly like them....too low to glance at in a quick moment and... too far outward to allow for some tight lane spliting. Also, the distance in focus to the rear is way off from real distance!
I have the Napoleon bar end mirrors on my other bikes and find them to be just right....that's why I'm getting a new pair of Napleons for the S4.
At $65.00 for a pair; not bad!
Go to www.motostrano.com ...."street equiptment"..."mirrors"

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts

I live in CA and split lanes everday, I don't bar-ends would last 24 hours...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts

I live in CA and split lanes everday, I don't bar-ends would last 24 hours...
On the other hand, the third eyes are really easy to flip out of the way when you are splitting lanes. If you can't see out of the top mirrors anyways...the sides are at least there when you need 'em. But it was an issue for me and I keep swapping back and forth.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

On the other hand, the third eyes are really easy to flip out of the way when you are splitting lanes.
Interesting, the 3rd Eyes I have don't flip back. Have they changed the design or am I missing something? [smiley=idea.gif]

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

I ride and split lanes with the Napoleon Barens on my other bikes and have been doing so for months, years............experience pays off.

Thank you very much, s4strati, for the S4 Napoleon Baren install method you had posted !

·
Premium Member
218 Posts

3rd Eyes Rule (for the money)
Got mine from REI...

They do a great job, plus the part I like the most is that it leaves ya' with some extra money for other mods.

Oh yeah...I saw all the other posts about what to do with the open hole after one removes the Mickey Mouse ears...people keep lookin' for something to put into the hole ??? I just flipped the brackets upside down..took me 5 minutes (if that)...done deal!

I have a few camera phone pics of my bike at my (MoBlog):
http://sublime.textamerica.com

You can also get a glimpse of my life..heh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts