Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a bike for sale on ebay, and I really like it but a little hesitant cause the guy has no feedback and I know its relisted because it did not sell last week. Anyone out there that can go take a look at it?

David

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Davidsalazar03 said:
There is a bike for sale on ebay, and I really like it but a little hesitant cause the guy has no feedback and I know its relisted because it did not sell last week. Anyone out there that can go take a look at it?

David
I do not know of anyone from the DML real close to FD, but I have some relatives there :-\ Doesn't help much. What type of bike is it?

mitt

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am relatively close would take me roughly 60 minutes to get there. I am just outside of Ames, IA.

I am just a hobby mechanic so my skill lvl isn't too great but I do all my own work to my car and bike.

Most I could do for you is check the plugs for fouling, compression checks on the cylinders, pictures of dents and scratches. Take it for a test ride of course ;D All I really know well is my own 1999 Monster 750 should be similar enough though.

Want to send me an email or a PM with details and all that you would like to have me check out?. I have a decent digital camera and digital video camera.

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
sounds good. I looked up the bike in question on ebay I'll send him an email here and maybe see about taking a test ride sometime.. maybe tonite or thursday... most definately by friday evening.

Hopefully I'll be able to tell you if he is legit or a crook here pretty soon.

Dan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
If he has any problems getting up there, I am about the same distance away from Ft. Dodge.
Same story too hobby mechanic etc with a basic working knowledge of what to look for in a Duc...
Let me know.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome thanks, I don't know how keen I am with this seller. He refuses to give me the VIN on it until I win the auction. I will see what vibe one of you guys get from him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
He hasn't replied to my e-mail to see the bike yet, hasn't been 24 hours yet though. /shrug

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a feeling he will not reply either because he replied to about 6 emails last night for me up until the point I asked for his bank info. I think this guy is a scam. No real need for you to go up there, but thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
sorry david :(

Ya my initial opinion of this guy is he is a fraud, he isn't responding to any of my emails about seeing the bike.

BTW is there any way to warn people he is a fraud?! I have to admit i'm an eBAY novice only made 2 lifetime purchases ever on that site.

I hope i'm proved wrong but I think he is a fraud also.

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
The guy finally replied to my email (guess he is just really slow). I sent another email sorta set up a time, I may just go out there anyhow and give it a ride see how much my 99 750 is lacking to this 06 SR2.

Give me a feel I guess if I want to get another monster to replace my current one. My current bike feels "small" to me, don't get me wrong the power and torque are awesome but the frame feels like I'm too big for it. I don't know, I'll see what this 06 feels like.

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Never mind, this guy is really sketchy. We had it basically decided I was going to stop by this friday afternoon then he just stops with the emails right before I was going to get his address. I don't know if this guy is a crook or just foolish with trying to sell his bike. I think you made a good choice Davidsalaza03 staying away from this guy.

Dan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts