Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Yep, looks like it's from a Speed Triple, nice looking bike there. I've been thinking about doing the same thing, though I still can't decide if the lights look too wide on a Monster.

I'd also like to see it mounted with the center post like on the Triple, makes the lights look almost like they're floating.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
i got the ducati duals. they're not as wide and fit within the stock headlight mounting bracket, so they should work well w/ the red racing CF windscreen i got. hopefully the windscreen won't require much modifying. i like that red racing doesn't pre-drill the mounting hole, so i can mount the windscreen a bit lower to minimize the gap between the lights and windscreen.

if it really bugs me, i'll try to fabricate a metal mesh "intake" to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I don't really like them. They look too wide for the bike. Not sure why the owner would do that mod before doing something with that stock tail. The duals I got for mine (not pictured below) came from http://www.streetfighterstore.com/acatalog/Basic_Products.html

They are the black dominator headlights. Fit in the same bracket as the stock lights. They only need a slight mod from stock (take the connector apart from the stock headlight to put it on this one).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Adam in MO said:
You think those look like "Boobies" check these out!

Anyone have a stock headlight assembly for sale?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
surfs1st said:
You guys seen these? I've been really tempted to add this to my winter mod list. ;D

http://www.ducatiduals.com/
did you read the earlier replies to this same thread? ::)

simonster said:
i got the ducati duals. they're not as wide and fit within the stock headlight mounting bracket, so they should work well w/ the red racing CF windscreen i got. hopefully the windscreen won't require much modifying. i like that red racing doesn't pre-drill the mounting hole, so i can mount the windscreen a bit lower to minimize the gap between the lights and windscreen.

if it really bugs me, i'll try to fabricate a metal mesh "intake" to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Industrial_Grrrl said:
did you read the earlier replies to this same thread? ::)
Sorry, I thought he meant the Ducati Duals produced by Ducati. Since there was not a link to the afore mentioned lights there was no absolute way to be certain he was talking about the same lights.

Next time I'll be sure to look in my mirror for the post police ::)

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Personally I like it when people try different stuff on their bikes. I don't think there's anything on a motorcycle that shouldn't be considered for change. If you go back in history to the forefathers of the Monster genre (Ace Cafe Rockers- Ton Up Boys) you'll find an amazing variety of bikes from parts swapping and custom fabrications. When folks like Dunstall got into the business of making custom bits the aftermarket industry started to unfold which not only added to the variety of motorcycles on the street but generated more interest in motorcycles on the whole. So go ahead- mount those boo... errr.... headlights. If you like em more (horse) power to ya!

·
Registered
103 Posts
at the moment I have planned to get a nice set of round fog lites and mount them on either side of the headlight. Run a relay to use them with the headlight

1 - 18 of 18 Posts