Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the loss of employment, every trip this year is now in serious jeporady of not happening. The "savings" needed for such things will become more and more stretched as the length of time between jobs increases. I pride myself in never having to file for unemployment but because I refuse to go back down the ladder(either gonna find something better or at least the same as what I was doing), it may be a day or two before I find something.

That being said, anyone know of anything other than the large companies and newspaper for finding a job? I already have 2 headhunter agencies working to find me something but those don't always work out.
And I want a career not just another job to hold me over.

My resume speaks for itself. I have alot of technical ability and really am a very good people person.
Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Help a brotha go on motorcycle trips this year!

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing so far. Interviewed for a position at Wells Fargo but seriously doubt I get it.
Also waiting on a background check to come back for a job at Nationwide. They submitted the check 5-2 and it has not come back yet. There is nothing there I am worried about but I am kind of curious why I haven't heard anything yet.

OH well. I will keep on looking.

Getting bored just working around the house and submitting resumes 24/7.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Craigslist is always a good spot to search.

Dice.com
monster.com "I know you're all loving that one"

Where are you located?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Have you heard of black box? I've heard they are looking for two new installers. Voice of data is the way to go. Let me know, I can get a number for you to call. Did you apply with the district?

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My uncle is a sales person for Dice. They were the first place I started.
Hate Monster. It usually just leads to alot of "We need a guy for a 1 day install" type crap.
I have literally dumped around 150 resumes at assorted venues over the last 3 weeks. I have interviewed with a few.

I did submit my resume with the district for 2 open positions they had. Both I am over qualified for but never heard anything back even after a followup email asking if a decision was in the works.

I also applied at the Ankeny and North Polk school districts with no luck.

Never heard of Black Box. At this point, anything sounds interesting. As a matter of fact, I am pretty close to going back to burning 2500 miles a week worth of fuel testing 911 again but that is my absolute last resort.

Just tired of employers who hold out for the on paper perfect candidate and never take the time to interview someone who is qualified and also shines in other aspects of jobs just because they want to say well this person has all of our "prefered" skills.

OH and location is half way between Des Moines and Ames. I also submitted a resume to ISU IT department and would love the tuition reimbursement programs they have plus the great computer sciences department but because I am not a student currently working towards a degree, they may not even look at me.

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been working a contract position for Nationwide at 1100 Locust but I got a call from Wells Fargo last week and they are hiring me there for a Networks Operations Analyst position starting this coming Monday. It is about $12,000 more a year than I am making now...so all in all I am happy.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Wells isn't a bad place to work. I used to work for them, when they were Norwest Mortgage. My brother's working for them now, and I'm sure a couple of the guys I worked with on the UNIX team are still there.

Glad to hear you found something, had I seen this sooner I would've suggested Principal also. Worked there a couple years, too. Been thinking about moving back to the mid-west, just not sure I'm quite ready for it yet.

Good luck!

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, it was a contract non-renewal with Principal that led me to where I am today. Not that I mind since I was making more than there at Nationwide and now will be making even more. But I did enjoy working with the team I worked with at Principal. We still get together for lunch once a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts