Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a good local leather tailor? I have a Spidi GTS two piece. The jacket fits fine, but the pants kind of slowly slide off me if its not zipped in. Probably needs to be taken in 2-3". Tried one tailor locally who said he

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
there's a guy at "Best Alterations" on the corner of Bascom and Camden in Campbell. He altered my leather riding pants (Kobe Dragon) for $50.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Johnsons Leathers on Polk St. in SF. Great leather tailors - they do alot of work on motorcycle gear. I've only used them once to sew in a back protector to a dainese jacket, but they do tons of custom work and alterations. I have only heard great testimonials.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I am with datv, I had my jaket maid at Johnsons Leathers, all I can say is that they are good.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. Be calling around today. Actually the pants are kind of comfortable when zipped in, but when a friend asked me if I'm going for a Hip-Hop look I decided something

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, but I think it's more like some old MC Hammer action going on here. The only thing keeping them from falling off me is the babes thread.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Yeah, but I think it's more like some old MC Hammer action going on here. The only thing keeping them from falling off me is the babes thread.
mine were a few sizes too large... i think they're too small now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
let me how that works out, i have the same problem with the spidi gts. love the jacket but the pants are a joke, made for santa claus types, i am more ichabod crane like.

I'll shop around as well.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tallduc:

Called Johnson Leathers, and was supposed to take them in last weekend, but I had a few unforseen obligations to take care of. I

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah the jacket looks very fine, been wearing that with my regular leather overpants or the new first gear pants( but can't zip it togather) . I am 6'4" and 210lbs so i got the 58 Euro. I really wanted a 2pc suit for long trips and the GTS looked classic.

I 'll check out Johnsons as well then

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. Picked up my leathers from Johnson

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The pants probably won

1 - 15 of 15 Posts