Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for people around Asheville to Brevard or near? I would like Duc rides and just meetups and bike nights. if there are none. Lets make one.

Jay

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I live in Kernersville (between Winston and Greensboro) but I'm in the Marion/Spruce Pine/Little Switzerland/Burnsville area several times per year. Asheville isn't that much farther - plus there are some really good roads around Burnsville (the Devil's Whip and the Diamondback, to name a few).

Pick a date and I'll try to make it up there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the Devil's Whip and the Diamondback, to name a few
ya those are good. very tight, tighter then the gap. (but also ALOT less cops)

Im busted up right now, I have a shattered calcanues in 5 pices. But in already 6-7 weeks into the healing proses, and my doc says that my cast might come off in a month depending on what the MRI says.

So that's ruffly the end of September (My 33 birthday, yea one year closer to death)

So I want to get 4-7 people on this ride. not too big but still making a snake as we go through the twisties lol.

What do you think.

ps does anyone know approximately how manny miles a 998 motor can take with normal street use and routine matince? I have 17k mi on mine.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Oh wow. That sucks man. How'd you get hurt?

My partner just went out on medical leave so I'll be pulling 80 hours/week for the next 2 months. I doubt I'll be able to make a run any time soon. If you pick a date, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How I got Hit.

I just toped off with gas and was pulling out of the parking lot going about 7mph and a truck just decided he would back up with out looking behind him and he hit the gas fas when he backed up and hit me and the bike with the back of his truck and knocked me so hard it sent both me and my 998 flying up in the air. I hit the ground first, hips and up landed in the grassie strip on the outside of the parking lot on the other side of the curb. My foot landed right on the edge of the curb, then the 450lb 998 came down all on one spot. right where the motor comes out from the faring. (by the clutch with a stock clutch cover its hard as a rock) all of the bikes weight came down exactly on top of my foot and just squished the **** out of it. I diffident feal anything normal broken but i knew stomping was very wrong. the imedate X-rays dident show anything but tendon and ligament rips strechet and a bit torn. so they put me in a boot and my doctor had a hunch and ordered a MRI and it showed that my heel (calcanus) was shattered. as he said ... have you seen a window when a bullet goes through it.. I say Ya. he says you know all the spider cracks that spread out from around the hole. I go ya (slightly worried now) he said thats what your heel looks like. spider cracks everywhere. and they formed from the inside out.

When I first came in the door after he had seen the MRI report and I hadent. He said I cant believe you are walking right now. (****)

so now I have a nice tight cast. and it will be there for 4 weeks at least. Soo I say tentative September 30th (my birthday) I hope to ride as my birthday present.

I <3 PAIN lol

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Good grief. And I thought I had bad luck. I broke my hand 2 days before I bought my 796. I was riding 4 weeks later. Not quite like your situation but I didn't let a broken bone keep me off my bike very long.

My buddy and I are going to be in or around Boone the weekend of Oct 11th. Maybe we can get together then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good grief. And I thought I had bad luck. I broke my hand 2 days before I bought my 796. I was riding 4 weeks later. Not quite like your situation but I didn't let a broken bone keep me off my bike very long.

My buddy and I are going to be in or around Boone the weekend of Oct 11th. Maybe we can get together then.
I like your spiret... dont tell my doc but about a week ago I did a ride on my 998 (its all fixed).

And my worst crash was a guard rail head on as if you blew a corner and hit it in line with the rail. The short of it is it took me over a year to stop leaking puss and blood. I just put gause over it and put my leathers back on about 5 months after the crash. but within 3 weeks of the crash I was doing test rides on my race bike (very short) with 3 pins in my L. wrist because it was broken, dislocated and broke 3 madicarprals. My leg was torn open by my stearing dampner rod. It went in just below my hip at 3-4 inches deep and riped all the way down to about 3 inches from my knee. (that hurt) when my shop I own got my bike back about a hr after the crash, they told me they were picking bits of my flesh out of my bike. (kinda freaked them out) My R. thigh looks like a shark attack victim. I also hit the gaurd rail with my head and it hit into the visor and straight to my head. so I had a hole just above my nose that cracked my skull. I just rember blood pouring down on my chest like a water foutan.

so 3 Weeks after I have a splint/cast over my L.wrest with 3 pins in it. some stiches holding my skin closed over my nose. 40 staples pulling my sking back together on my R. thigh. (Oh ya and 20+stiches on the outside of my L. Wrist and a few on the inside of my palm. because it was soo ****ed up they had to go in from both sides to get everything back in place.

But with all that 3 week i was riding my race bike. Shifting was really hard but I had to use half clutch to down shift but I could just power shift up. And I just taped gaues over everywhere I was leeking.

they said it would take me over 3 weeks just to walk agen. lol haha I took that as a challenge, I was walking in a week. (they still had tubes leading to vacuum bottles in my leg to drain the puss and bleading so it wouldent leak out the rip.)

during the first two nights I stopped breathing 6-8 times or something like that.

Am I harder then a coffin nail? (movie "snatch" lol)

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Asheville every Wednesday evening around 6pm there is a bike night at the Wedge Brewery located on Roberts St. in the River Arts District.All bikes are welcome but the group is mostly Adventure bikes and European bikes.Great crowd and you should find some like minded folks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a fer piece from that area (Clayton NC), but I'm looking to put the nose of my 796 in the wind to the west.
Let me know also when there's a date and I'll try to make it up that way too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts