Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I'm going to buy a Monster 620 in the near future and was wondering if there were any duc riders in the providence, RI area. I currently attend Brown U and am living on the east side. if any of u are in the area, I'll gladly treat you to a cup of joe from starbucks in exchange for some bike convo and a peak at your Duc. cheers

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well hello, I am down your way quite a bit. I go ridding with my mom on the weekends. Please check out this place called Java Speed on Main ST. These guys rock! Endot

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they deal with ducatis? AIM yellow pages says that they're "javaspeed scooters"

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the closed thing to MMK (Moto Marker Cafe) in Acton, MA.. I think all the boys ride motorcycles as well. Great Coffee! Very cool inside. Check it out.

Have you been to MMK? Open house is this Sat. http://www.motomkt.com/

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, thanks, sounds interesting. I may stop by today as a study break.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Speaking of MM, today is their spring party. If the weather is nice I may head up there.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Motomarket report - Not one monster there..... :-[

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a certifiable coffee addict. why does there have to be a coffe shop right outside the library???

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Moto MK Report ----- I was there, on four wheels... sorry ...... :-/

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey-is that your Monster 620 dark i keep seeing on Brook St behind Brown? I live on Power St and just sold my Yamaha FZR400...I'm getting ready to buy a 900 Supersport or a M750/900. Whatever I find closest/quicket/cheapest is what I will buy.

We'll have to go riding sometime. I know a lot of guys with Ducs (888, 750 GT, 748S, 748S, 900SSie, 916, 900 FE). Stupid thayer st sportbike losers drive me nuts. I was walking from my house to Thayer saturday and was wearing a duc world superbike 1995 t shirt and there were all these clowns wearing the typical rhode island retard riding gear...no jacket, helmet strapped on the back, sunglasses, loud crappy slip on exhaust, all hanging around and making people hate motorcycles.

I saw one guy with a red 900SS half fairing and we were talking and his friend with the ratty salvage title looking GSXR 600 kept telling me how fast his Suzuki was and how slow the duc was. Go back to cranston ya f#ckin loser.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
86 944 eh? didja do the weltmeister throttle cam mod?
get some koni yellows..do you have the fuchs wheels? what color is yer car? You might say I know P-cars fairly well.

had an 83 944 a long time ago...but a VW Corrado VR6 caught my eye and one test drive later it was buh bye 8v valve 944.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, got the welt cam mod. It "feels" good at least. I'm saving for Konis...but dayyymmmm they're expensive. got 968 adjustable sways, also. I'm basically focusing on keeping the car up as opposed to upgrading....maintenence is costly enough. a good set of fuchs will cost a ransom...definately dont have the extra $ for that. I think my phone dials are just fine. the car is garnet red metallic, and you can see pictures of it here: http://community.webshots.com/album/132954931stQGXx i really love the car, but sometimes wish I had a more reliable daily driver.
as for being an 8valver, number of valves isnt saying much since the turbo is an 8v as well. i am , however, a fan of the corrado aswell
on a side note, want a 914? i dont have the time for that project anymore.
do you autocross at all? im looking forward to this season in the 944.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i just saw the guy who drives the monster dark here at Brown. He's a student. I couldnt catch up with him, nore did I want to look like a stalker and follow him into the building he entered, but if you're on here, tisk , tisk! Put your helmet on!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts