Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first duc and seeing who rides around the NC mountains.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Oh oh oh oh oh,,,,,

ME ME ME ME ME ME!!! Whoohooo!! Finally another Duc round here. I'm in Asheville, where you at? Won't be here for long though, I'm getting deployed Jan. 8th. :( No riding season for me this year, and only half of next years. Drop me a line if you want

-Patrick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh but, but, but, since he'll be gone, I'm a passenger without a driver ;) Just kidding, I love you hun :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember Asheville. I was working at the local hospital there for a Summer. I brought my R1 and met some people to ride with at the local Wendy's. It was a good time. We rode to Deals almost every weekend. Good times. I guess that was 99.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
We are in Columbia and get up that way a few times a year. The friends I usually visit there are riding across Mexico right now so it may be awhile befor I get over my envy and get back up there.
Doc

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boone, NC, wife wife bought me the bike at Myer's in Asheville. tommy

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Cool tommy, I had to leave school in Boone to do this deployment thing. If you ever saw a dark monster this past spring, or yellow monster this fall, it was me. I usually didn't hang around town too much though, I usually hit 194, or bamboo road to the parkway. I was just at Myers trying to pick up a stand. They are really good there. Mike (tattoo'd guy) is awesome as a parts guy, and the mechanics kick arse too. Great shop. Actually I'm in the Boone National Gaurd unit right off of State Farm Rd. but getting transferred to the Jefferson Unit to make the 100% strength. If you guys hear anything about the 1450th Trans Company thats us.

Welcome to the board!!

-Patrick

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I don't live there anymore, but I try to get up when I can. Born and raised in Asheville (my father is the current Mayor), suffering through a stint in Floriduh right now. Dennis, I think I remember you, I used to meet up with Steve Silver and Matt Harris (and the rest of the crew) at the Wendy's on Patton Ave, and went to the Gap often. I had/have the red 750ss. Wheelinman, where in Asheville do you live, we'll have to get together and ride the next time I come up.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Don't live there, but try to get up that way at least once a year. When possible, I stay at the old family homestead in Highlands, NC and ride around that area and over to Deals Gap.

Maybe Spring and/or Summer trips this year. It would be great to meet up with folks from the DML on any of the trips :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Patrick,
I think I have spoken to you, in fact I think I asked if you wanted to sell the dark, in stadium lot, is it the dark ran without cans? I have seen it in from of the Criminal Justice building. tommy

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Yup that was me. Congrats on the purchase. So what are you up too now? It was for sale but I fell in love with it and just kept it. Its tank is fixed and now I have a yellow tank. The pictures should be up soon.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Wow!! - all these NC people. I'm near the Asheville airport, I don't socialize much, but I'm usually up for a ride. I head down to lake Lure & Gerton this time of year as long as it's over 50. I'm planning on riding New Year's day.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Awesome. I can't believe all of us are so close. Norm my friend lives in Brevard, maybe I'll stop in on my way to his house.

Patrick

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be back down home on the Ga side of the border this coming weekend for a while, Sharp Top Mountain, west of Blairsville and a stone's throw from Suches....not bringing the bike this time....this Spring I can show you some Ga-Tenn mountain roads that are a 2 wheeled Viking's Valhalla

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Sounds like a blast, Tenn. definetely has some great country twisties.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didnt know there were so many duc owners in the Asheville area. I just went riding yesterday, double island, 80, various backroads I cant remember the names of. Really good day. Anyway I live in the Oakley area and am usually up for a ride.
Paul

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Sounds like grounds for a WNC or Asheville area Monster club. Definetely need to all get together. Whooooohoooooo 200th Post!!

-Patrick

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I live in Charlotte and get up to the Asheville/ Boone/Blowing Rock areas quite frequently. Get a ride organized and I can come meet ya'll..

Or we could go over to Fontana and you know what that means--

Dragon Run.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Anyone down for a ride tomorrow? Norm wants to meet in Lake Lure at 1. My FCR's are working and I think its time to get my baby out.

-Patrick

1 - 20 of 22 Posts