Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if any of you good people live in the Monterey Bay area. We've got a great Ducati dealer (powersports in sand city) that sells monsters and yet I've only seen 2-3 monsters in the area since I started riding about a year ago! I know we've got some San Jose folks on the forum and plenty of S.F. riders. I was just curious. I would also like to thank everybody for all there posting. I can't even tell you how much information I have picked up from everyone having come in a complete rookie with NO bike knowledge. Thanx ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You can see where many of the Bay Area people live by looking at this map: http://www.ducatimonster.org/images/sfbmha_map_lg.gif

Maybe we could schedule one of the SFBMHA monthly rides to come down to Monterey and we could all do the 17-mile drive or something. ;)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
17 mile drive sucks... you gotta pay $8 to get into Pebble Beach for 17 mile drive. It ridiculous. However, a nice ride down hwy 1 towards big sur sounds like fun! ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
they don't allow motorcycles on the 17-mi. drive... I tried it already. I used to live in the Monterey Bay Area

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work on a gated private ranch in (20,000 acres) in carmel valley and they don't allow bikes past the gate. But since my buddy lives on top of the mountain I can ride my bike in as a guest. By far my favorite place to ride. Little to no traffic, no traffic lights or stop signs, no trash or pollution and tons of wildlife. I wish I could bring you all up sometime, it's the best on an early sunny morning.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Sounds like Tassajara... That is a sketchy road to the retreat.
I would like to do it on a dirt bike :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's called the Santa Lucia Preserve. Check out the pics on there website and you'll see how great it is to ride.
www.santaluciapreserve.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts