Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday is almost here. Going to the STT track day season opener.

Anyone ever ridden at Moroso before? Looking for any tips or advice on the paddock area and best spots to try and set up plus any tips on the track as well.

I'm driving down that morning rather than camping at the track the night before, so I'm sure the best spots will be taken by the time I get through the gate.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mark- what are the details? I live 15 mins from Moroso, but have never riden a track day, I have watched. When will you be down I will head out there.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal! I plan on arriving when the gates open at 7:00 and finding a spot to set up in the pit area. Tech inspection and registration will keep me busy for a little while after 7:30.

Track sessions will start at 9:00. I'm riding in the Novice group which means I'll be hanging out until our first session at about 9:40 if they follow the usual rotation between the three groups.

Look for a yellow Monster with OEM fairing and a fake aluminum headlight and most of the other stuff removed. I should have a blue EZ Up shelter set up. Tow car is a silver Town Car with an open trailer. If the pits are set up anything like Jennings, all that stuff should be clustered in one place.

As of last night Novice and Intermediate groups were already sold out. The advanced group will probably fill up today or tomorrow.

Stop by and look me up - always good to meet another DML member. Check out STT's operation while you're there. They run a good track day event.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeppir. Feb 7. And I feel sorry for anyone that is camping at the track tonight. I noticed on the schedule that Midnight Madness drags are on tonight until 2 am. I'll still get more sleep staying here tonight and hitting the road at 4:30 in the morning than if I tried to camp at the track and getting woken up around 6:00 when people start getting up and stirring about the camping/pit areas. ;D

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mark- didn't make it out there. My bad. But we need a full report. Th weather looked kinda questionable.

I did get my fuel pump rebuild kit today, wooohooo.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, sorry we didn't get to meet up. Check the report I posted in the General Forum. It may be way down the forum by now, but you'll see Moroso in the title. Except for trashing the throttle cable at the end of the fourth session, it was a good day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts