Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to order a Sil Motor full high-pipe system with the short oval titanium cans. Does anyone in the Bay Area have a setup like this? Or even the same cans in a lowmount version? I'm debating the 85db vs. 105db versions and would love to hear one or the other before I make the purchase.

Thanks!
-Jordan

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Most everyone has the slip-ons... as far as dB goes, most people go with 105s but I have to wear earplugs when riding b/c at lower speeds, the exhaust note kind of gets to you after several hrs of riding.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I think you'll appreciate the sound quality over the noise. As long as they sound good, the noise is just added nuisance. Remember that it will be you who will be the one exposed the most to the nuisance, and not your neighbors. And [smiley=waytogo.gif] on the full system.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I just installed the Sil 105db 2 into 1 full system with Al oval can.

Suprisingly, at idle it's quieter than my DP carbon slip-ons and way quieter than Laura's Marving slip-ons. When it gets opened up, it'll make some noise, but it's a very pleasant bass-y sound.

I thought that between being 2-1 and the aluminum cans it was going to be somewhat harsh sounding, but I really like the way that they sound.

--Fillmore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts