Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the adjustable Showas out of the DP catalog and when they arrived today I discovered that they are 1.5" longer than the stock Marzocchis on my S2R. And there's not much room to pull them up in the triples due to the fork caps. My only options would be to go with clip ons (not inclined to do) or add over an inch in length to my front end (no way I'm gonna do). My dealer is contacting Ducati NA to discuss why they recommend them for the S2R in the catalog.

Anyone else order these forks and have similar problems? They are definitely NOT the forks from the 1K, I can tell you that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but I don't want clipons. DP needs to do a better job putting specs in the catalog. If I knew they weren't the same length, I never would have ordered them. Bummer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,326 Posts
I have adjustable Showa forks from an ST2 on my M620(900), they are the same length as our stock forks. And less $$$, got them off eBay 2 years ago for ~$200. Did you look into forks from an S4R?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
Archimedes said:
I ordered the adjustable Showas out of the DP catalog and when they arrived today I discovered that they are 1.5" longer than the stock Marzocchis on my S2R. And there's not much room to pull them up in the triples due to the fork caps. My only options would be to go with clip ons (not inclined to do) or add over an inch in length to my front end (no way I'm gonna do). My dealer is contacting Ducati NA to discuss why they recommend them for the S2R in the catalog.

Anyone else order these forks and have similar problems? They are definitely NOT the forks from the 1K, I can tell you that.
It sounds like you got a set of SS forks. They are longer than Monster forks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Industrial_Grrrl said:
I have adjustable Showa forks from an ST2 on my M620(900), they are the same length as our stock forks. And less $$$, got them off eBay 2 years ago for ~$200. Did you look into forks from an S4R?
I did and actually got outbid on a set on eBay about 10 days ago (someone bid $620 for em). I was under the impression that the Showas in the DP catalog were the same set that comes on the 1k. They're not. Even my dealer was surprised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ducpainter said:
It sounds like you got a set of SS forks. They are longer than Monster forks.
Well what the dealer surmised is that Showas in the DP catalog are a model from an older model bike that Ducati had a lot leftover so they decided to make them an accessory. They market them as working on just about any Monster, and they probably do, IF you use clipons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
b.h. said:
use a bar riser, and get an aftermarket bar with the rise you want
No interest in higher bars either. Stock bars are a good fit for me.

I also have a damper mounted on the right bar mount, and that would have to go if I went with higher bars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I think my only solution here is to get the dealer to return the forks to Ducati or, if they refuse to do that, I'll have to sell them to someone who doesn't mind clip ons or risers.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top