Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a small part that will cost me big bucks if I can't find it. It is the front half of a 2 piece section on the throttle tube assembly. If you look at the throttle twist, it is the part that actually holds the throttle tube on the handlebar. I need the front half of this ( I overtightened the rear screws and it snapped in half). I will have to buy a whole new throttle assembly, no one sells the pieces individually. Please let me know if you can help me out, I will forever be in you debt and will sing your praises from the highest point in Myrtle Beach (7 feet above sea level). :laugh:

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I have a whole, yet slightly damaged, throttle assembly off of a 1997 M900. I don't know if they're the same, but you can have it for the cost of postage.

There is a photo at: http://www.testastretta.net/~srnelson/MonsterParts/
Click on the photo for a higher resolution image.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but it will not work. Ducati changed the whole set up sometime in the last few years. :'( Thank you for the offer kind sir.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you over tighten or did you repostion it or use a new handle bar and forget that the components have pegs that go into a slot on the stock handlebar...which is the mistake i made a long time ago. i cuaght it in time with little damage. have you tried reparing the piece?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the highest part is the stupid roller coaster :D
And yes, I did forget to line up the pegs because I am a complete knucklehead. :-[ I cannot repair the piece because the middle of the front clamp actually broke off. The clamp can still be tightened enough to keep the the throttle tube on, but it looks butt-ass ugly.
I still need this stupid part, if anyone has it I will provide an all day ride on our stupid roller coaster :eek:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts